Sunday, June 1, 2008

31 weeks!!! YAHOO!!!

We have had a very busy few weeks since the last post. As of yesterday, the campus has emptied, the dorm is quiet, commencement is over and grades and comments are written! It feels so wonderful to have completed another school year. We will definitely miss some of the kids that we've worked with this year, but it will also be so nice to have some down time and enjoy eachother's company.

Scott and me at 28 weeks (same weekend as Mother's Day) on the way to chaperone the Formal. Despite a very concerted effort, we could not find a dress for me to wear! Sad!


We had a very special Mother's Day this year. It was so fun to feel celebrated and loved even though our child isn't even born yet! Here's my sister, Caren, my mom and me together on Mother's Day.

Scott and I drove to Queeche, VT and met his parents, my parents and my sister and brother-in-law and Clara for lunch at a yummy little Farmer's Diner. We enjoyed fresh, local food, warm sunshine and the company of family. Here are all the women being celebrated on Mother's Day...




















Mommies!!!




















Scott and me...


We're very lucky that our parents like each other! I don't know if every married couple can get together with both families at once and have as much fun as we do! Thanks Moms and Dads for being so easy to get along with!



Me and my Daddy...













30 weeks!



Here's a picture of 3 of the 5 pregnant women on Proctor's campus!!! This was actually taken the day before Sarah (on the left) had her baby girl! Crazy!


Yesterday we had an hour and a half visit with our midwife at her house in New London! We feel SO lucky to have such individualized care. Everytime we see her, we feel like we're her only patients (even though the other two women pictured with me above see her too!). We got great news yesterday, the baby is finally head down and in the right position. He wasn't the last time we had seen our midwife and we were hoping that he would get situated before seeing her again. Way to go, JoJo! :) We are still feeling a lot of movement in my belly, but she said he will probably stay head down from now on. It's always reassuring to hear the baby's strong heartbeat and know that he is healthy and content in there! We feel very blessed that our pregnancy has been so healthy and "easy" so far! Keep praying that it continues to go smoothly!

Today we got to enjoy being outside and playing softball at a faculty party...





I have to say, I've lost some of my skill being 31 weeks pregnant. They kept throwing me out at first...I guess I'm not as quick as I once was!
Scott still had it in him though!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You ROCK! I don't even play softball when I'm NOT pregnant! Way to go, Sporty Benson!!! :)

Erin said...

I hope things are still going well! It's fun to blog search, through Kelcey to your sister, to you! I just gave birth to a little boy on Tues. the 17th! Corbin Dean Shaffer! We are having fun. I am so excited for you and this next adventure!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...