Monday, September 17, 2012

Just the Five of Us?

So, for those of you who live under a rock (or aren't Facebook friends with me), we have some news...
We are so thrilled to announce the upcoming arrival of of the newest (and last!) little Allenby.  Baby Goose (as the boys affectionately refer to him/her as) is due in late March on my Dad's birthday!  I love that this little one shares a due date with my Dad's special day, and although they probably won't actually share the same birthday, it's fun to think about the possibility.  (My mother-in-law's birthday is earlier that same week, but the likelihood of me actually giving birth to a child early is slim to none.  Both boys were six days late, so I'll probably end up with an April baby!)

Scott and I went back and forth for months (years?) about whether we wanted to try for a third baby or if our family was complete with our two boys.  We love our little family just the way it is, and practical concerns (financial, space in our house etc...) weighed heavily on us.  We talked this subject into the ground every single day and finally we decided to just stop talking about it for a little while and see how we were feeling in a few weeks.  One day Scott came home from work and said, "I've been thinking a lot these last few days, and I just really feel like our family isn't complete yet.  I also don't think it makes sense to make a decision like this based solely on finances...a lot can change and we just never know where we'll be, but I know we'll make it work."  Well, although he had been swaying me a bit towards his "no third baby" side with some legitimate concerns for a while, it didn't take any convincing for me as I was always leaning towards wanting just one more.

My concerns differ a bit from Scott's.  Finances will definitely be extremely tight, but my fears revolve more around the fact that I have to push another large Allenby baby (so far we have Camden weighing in at 9lbs even and Micah at 8.5lbs) out of me and endure excruciating back labor one more time...and the fact that I'm bound to get mastitis about 6 times in the first year of breastfeeding...and the fact that many nights a week during the school year I will be on my own attempting to put three kids to bed instead of just two...and the fact that right now, when I read bedtime stories to the boys, I have one arm around each of them with their heads resting on my shoulders and I just don't have another arm and shoulder for this third little person.  I'm sure we will have moments where we are overwhelmed and while we're scrambling in the zone defense we may sometimes reminisce about the good ol' man-to-man days, but I know for a fact that this little life is going to complete our family, that we will love him/her unconditionally, that s/he will be a great playmate for our boys and that Micah and Camden will love their little sibling and they will all take good care of each other.  Based on my experience with Micah's birth, I know that even if I'm nervous and feeling a little unsettled in the final days before Baby Goose's arrival, my heart will grow the moment I lay my eyes on this child and I will never be able to imagine my life without them.  I feel so blessed to be experiencing pregnancy again, to lie down with my boys and let them snuggle my belly and talk to the baby. We are just continuing to pray that all goes smoothly throughout and that little Baby Goose is healthy and content in there.

Does this mean I have to change the title of my blog?  Again?  (What was I thinking when I originally titled this Just the Three of Us?)  Thanks for all of your excitement!  It's gonna be a wild ride!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Baby Allenby #3! God h
as a great plan for your life little one! And I'm so excited to know you. Praying for you Linds and Scott as you prepare and cherish this new life God has given you!!
Love,
Court

B said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again - there could never be too many little Allenby's running around in this world! Try to have a girl, because we need a 2 guard on our baby girl balla' squad (We've got a lot of forwards - Nyah and Elle and Brooke - and we've got Eden at the point, Karis is shaping up to be a 3...) Anyway! Love you guys and am so excited for you. Will be praying :)

Lisa Logan said...

SOOO exciting Lindsey!! This little one will be unbelievably blessed to join the Allenby clan! I just adore your family and so very much admire the way you raise your kids. Can't wait to see another precious one highlighted on the blog. And Jerry and I WILL definitely come up to visit before baby Goose is born and all things go crazy for a little while :)

Bridget said...

congrats!!! love those pictures. and i think your fears and concerns are totally legit but will be far from your mind when that little babe arrives.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

so excited for all our new babes!
and regarding birth fears- just remember that your experience is entirely your choice. you are free to choose another unmedicated birth and all that accompanies it, or to choose meds of some kind. i can attest that my big fat and healthy baby is now a big healthy and smart as a whip toddler born with petocin and an epidural. :-) seeing as the outcomes are the same, the choice is entirely what *you* want. take care of yourself mama- we all know the littles aren't so great at mama-care. :-)
best
kirsten

Shannon :: The Scribble Pad said...

hooray for baby #3! If anyone has the energy to chase three and wrangle them all for bedtime it is you and Scott! Can't wait to follow your journey...and praying for you not to have back labor again!

conveyableflow said...

Hootie hoo! Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Love you Linds, and so excited to welcome Baby Goose! S/he is much loved and wanted already!

Cindy said...

Can't wait! You guys are awesome parents and this little one will be well taken care of by two big brothers!
Love you,
mom

Mama B said...

Woo-hoo! I am so excited for Baby Goose!! I am already praying for NO back labor :)

Sweet Mess said...

Congrats, you deserve something extra special and joyful amid-st all of the hardships of this year. I am sure it will bring your entire family much joy and hope as well.
And there is always a place for a little head resting in the crook of your neck, or right smack dab in the middle of your lap while you read a book!
Love you 2nd little sis! xoxo

Amy Mak said...

Love that picture of the boys holding up the sign - Micah in the diaper! So cute. Well I've been excited for awhile and happy it's out in the open! You know my feelings on the subject, but you'll never regret another baby. Not ever. And it's really amazing how you can stretch the dollar - sometimes I just don't know how but it seems to work. Happy, happy!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Lindsey and Scott! That would be us who are living under the rock with no FB! Too bad we don't live closer so the kids could get to know each other. Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy and delivery!

Love,
Heather, Cory, Hannah, and Alex

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...