Monday, November 22, 2010

Dinner with Friends

We had a wonderful time with some good friends this evening.  We have become close with our friends Gregor and Amy over the last 5 years that we've been at Proctor.  Although they are a few years older than us (in fact, I think Gregor used to babysit me at one point in my life!), we actually have a lot in common.  Gregor and Scott coach basketball together which means they spend hours and hours together in the winter.  This also means that Amy and I are "basketball widows" and enjoy spending our husbandless afternoons together.  They got married young and had kids young just like us (which we've found is very rare around here.  I think most of our Proctor friends think we're crazy for being married and having two kids AND owning a house(!!!) when we are only 28).  They also have a deep faith and although we worship in different ways and have theological differences, it's really nice to be friends with people who value what you value and want to honor God with their lives.

Long before we were friends with Gregor and Amy, I grew up with Gregor's younger brother, Glenn.  We have been friends since we were 3 and were in the same small class in elementary school.  Even before we were old enough to go to school, Glenn's mom used to babysit me while my mother worked at Proctor and we therefore spent a good deal of our early childhood together.  Like most of my childhood friends, I lost touch with Glenn when he went to high school at Proctor and I attended the public school, Kearsarge.  We keep in touch on Facebook and I've seen him a couple times in recent years when he's home to visit his family...but we really haven't spent significant time together since probably 6th or 7th grade!  We had a blast having dinner at Gregor and Amy's who are hosting Glenn, his wife Kim and their son Tate for Thanksgiving.  So fun to all be together and reconnect with old friends.  We had a delicious meal of pancakes, waffles, eggs, muffins, potatoes fruit salad and bacon for dinner and had fun playing games and catching up.  Camden and Paige had fun chasing each other around the house and attacking each other with hugs.  They're quite the pair!

Here is a picture of Glenn and me that I just found in the Proctor Archives from back in the day...

Glenn and Amy...
 Kim with Tate and Brynne...
 Cope, Scott and Gregor...
 Paige and Camden take a rest after chasing each other around the house all evening...
 Playing Pit...
 Nelson, Camden and Cope...
 Brynne holding Micah...



It was great to see you Glenn and Kim!  Thanks for hosting Gregor and Amy!

2 comments:

Amy Mak said...

What a nice post! Love the pictures and we loved having you over the other night. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Glenn Makechnie said...

So. Much. Fun! It's always good to reconnect. You have a gorgeous family.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...