I am absolutely
loving this Christmas season. Have I mentioned that yet? Loving listening to Christmas music. Loving our beautiful tree and the candles in the windows. Loving listening to Camden's ever-changing Christmas list (recent list-toppers include a robot, a nutcracker, a tea-set and a dollhouse). I had my first sip of eggnog today and it was lovely, although I can only take eggnog in very tiny amounts. One thing that I'm
not loving?? Holiday shopping! I know, I know...everybody loves to shop. Not this girl. I mean, I guess it would probably be different if I had an unlimited budget, tons of spare time on my hands and the stores weren't 30+ minutes away, but unfortunately, money is tight, time is fleeting and we live in the middle of nowhere. My mom offered to watch the boys on Friday and I was so excited to take an excursion to Tilton to run some errands and potentially start my Christmas shopping. It turned out to be a pretty unsuccessful trip. I've found out that I'm
really good at wondering around aimlessly (seriously, people were looking at me weirdly because I had a blank stare and didn't know which way I was going). And let me just fill you in on a little secret: Walmart isn't an enjoyable place to shop even on a Friday morning a month before Christmas! There were SO many people. The toy isle was completely overwhelming - I've never had so many inanimate objects singing at me, talking to me and beeping at me. It was crazy. If you aren't in the market for battery operated toys, than Walmart isn't for you! I left with two boxes of cereal and a box of crayons! I think I'll stick to my wonderful Amazon where it's shipped free to my door in two days and is generally cheaper than what I find at the stores! I do enjoy walking the streets of New London and supporting the local shops, but I'm hoping to stay away from the crazies in the big city from now on!
I have to say, online shopping has revolutionized my life. Especially since having kids when getting out to run errands is an entire day's event. If you ever shop online, and if you like to get money back in the mail(!!!) you need to check out
Ebates. I'm obsessed with this site. You go to
Ebates and from there select the store that you are going to order something from and then you just shop as you normally would. That's all you have to do and then you get a certain percent of what you spent back in the mail. I just got a check from Ebates for $8.00 recently after I placed an order at Snapfish! Amazon isn't a part of Ebates, but we've received cashback from JC Pennys, Lowes, Home Depot, Shutterfly, Snapfish, Sears, Old Navy etc...
You should join (you only have to give your email address and you get a bonus giftcard just for joining (
and I'll make some bonus cash if you use my links above!).
Cheers for shopping from your couch and saving money!
5 comments:
oh you know i like this kind of thing! thanx for the tip!
Check out www.retailmenot.com if you haven't yet. It gives you all the latest coupon codes to use when you type in the website you're shopping at. I'm all about the online shopping as well, hate it!!
ebates is the best! if you like deals, you should also check out:
Big Crumbs
and
Mr. Rebates - note: this takes longer to get paid, but is the only one offering deals for some sites, like tiny prints)
You can check which one has the best rebate going by entering it into www.evreward.com
I just heard about this the other day, but hadn't signed up, so I used your link. :) Thanks for the tip!
Wow! I've never even heard of anything like that! And I even get overwhelmed with online shopping! Hmmm... I guess I'll have to try it sometime (if I'm ever in the market for anything I can't find at the local thrift shop or Goodwill!) One thing I've learned over the years is to pick up gift items all year long as I come across things that I think someone would like. Then when birthdays or Christmas comes along, I just open my gift drawer and start shopping! :)
Post a Comment