Our boys loved riding in the back of the big truck ("glorified hay ride" as our friend called it - don't be alarmed, we weren't on real roads...) and emptying the sap buckets. It's amazing how quickly the sap is pouring out of the trees right now. This is one of our favorite activities that we look forward to every spring!
Hang on tight!
Soooo much sap!
Happy Boy...
_______________
Today we visited our friends' sugarhouse to watch them boil. It was pretty adorable listening to Camden explain to Micah where syrup comes from and watching them lick their lips after tasting a fresh sample. It made us miss my sister and her family as Dave is usually a part of the Tucker Mountain Maple Co-op and just lives for spring in NH. :( Hopefully some day they'll move back from North Carolina (Dave is in a 3 year program at Duke Divinity School, Caren has a great job and Clara is in a wonderful Waldorf school...only time will tell if they return to their little farm on Tucker Mountain).
The boys loved visiting the alpacas too! What a fun afternoon!
Gotta love New Hampshire...
Back into the "village" and we're following a tractor. Just another day in the country.
I love where we live, and I love that my little boys will grow up knowing exactly where the syrup on our table comes from. :)
2 comments:
Yes, it's love, love, love! Such a great thing every spring. Great shot of Talia - made me laugh. We had fun at Tucker Mountain the other day. The girls loved Dolly and I kept laughing at Licorice's buck teeth. NH is pretty great!
Love you post again, Linds! Love the photo of Camden waving hello to the alpaca. So cute! What great pictures of a great life!! I wish I could spend every minute with those little guys!! So much fun!
Post a Comment