Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Cape Cod (and computer woes...)

I am so sorry for the recent lack of blogging.  I have an excuse.  My computer was completely messed up and had zero available memory on it which meant that I couldn't even drag a photo to the desktop without it telling me that my "Startup disc is almost full."  Eeek!  It's very stressful when you feel like your computer is on the brink of break down...but the crisis was averted thanks to Anna in the tech department at Proctor.  I now have more memory on my computer AND figured out how to make the pictures that my camera was taking smaller.  (My entire hard drive was being taken up by huge pictures since my Cannon Rebel was set to taking the highest quality pictures, each of which takes up about 5MB of space).  Needless to say, we're back in action and I can finally catch up on this silly little blog.

We took a very brief, but very wonderful, trip to Cape Cod a couple of weekends ago to visit my grandparents.  We are so lucky that they live in such an amazing area - about ten minutes from Nauset Beach (wide open ocean) and about 10 minutes from Skaket Beach (the bay side, which is great for the kids!).  Their home is nestled in the tall trees overlooking a beautiful freshwater pond and my Dad (we overlapped with my parents for part of our time there) was able to sit in a comfy chair on their deck and enjoy the change of scenery. 

 Enjoy the highlights of our adventures on the Cape!
 We had lots of quality time with Ami...
 Checking out a crab that another little boy caught...
 Playing in the waves at Nauset...
 These boys are so lucky to know their great-grandparents!
 We went to Nauset early in the morning - our favorite time of day at the beach.  Empty, beautiful beaches are one major benefit of having children who wake up at 5:30 every day..
 Camden's footprints...
 Micah's footprints...
My wonderful boys...
 Camden's little bum cracks me up...
 Hopefully I'll be catching up on a few more posts in the next couple of days!  Thanks for a great time on the Cape, Grandma Sylvia and Grandpa Gordon!

1 comment:

Amy Mak said...

The waves, the sky, the family pics - oh so gorgeous! Glad you got the computer fixed. I'd be a major wreck without mine :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...