Saturday, October 6, 2012

Another Successful Project!

The three boys in my life love to do projects.  Scott is bored if he has to sit around for more than 20 minutes with nothing to do, so we often spontaneously start weekend projects just for fun.  We had a little plastic turtle sandbox that was sufficient while the boys were really little, but we decided as a family that we wanted to make a bigger sandbox that they could both comfortably play in along with their friends.  After a little research online and a trip to the hardware store, we were ready to go!

Here the boys are explaining what we're up to to our neighbor...
 A good little builder helping Daddy...
 Once it was all made, we ordered some sand to be delivered it was SOOO much cheaper to do it this way than to buy individual bags of sand.  For all of you out there wanting to build your own sandbox...remember this advice!
The boys watched the truck back up into our yard from the safety of the swingset. 
 Well, we ordered a little too much sand (it was only a yard, but the guy said he put a little extra in the truck!)  I think we had enough!
 We spent the next day taking loads of sand behind the shed to save a pile for the future...
 Lots of helpers makes for light work!  I even picked up a shovel a few times...I swear!
We are now thoroughly enjoying the fruits of our labor!  We even have had friends over, like these pictures of our boys playing with our two adorable visitors from North Carolina (Many of you probably know Kelcey either personally or through her incredible artwork and jewelry that I pretty much wear every single day.  She blogs over at Sweet Mess and is my sister's childhood best friend. She also grew up in the house we now live next door to and we're neighbors with her Dad!  I played with her and her sister when we were little and now our kids are playing together on the same little dead end road...pretty crazy!)  Anyway, the sandbox handled these four just beautifully! 
Thanks to my handyman husband for making this little idea a reality!  I love you! 

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Great shots!! Love Camden's little tool belt! They are such good little helpers!

Aunt Amy said...

The kids will enjoy that for years! We built one just like it for Rachel and Tim when they were about that age. We found all kinds of buried cars when we took it apart. Just remember to put a cover on it so the local cats don't use it as a litter box (yuck)

aundrea said...

Hi Linds, I'm pretty much obsessed with your blog, and have been lurking for over a year. I just want you to know that reading about your little family and beautiful life brings me so much joy. I may not ever comment again, but know that I'm near-by, and I think you are just wonderful: a beautiful woman, kind, gentle, loving mother and wife, and a woman of God who's life truly is a witness of our loving God. Bless you Sweetie, love, Aundrea

Amy Mak said...

Wow! I'm so impressed. I always wanted to do that...but never did. Good work.

Courtney said...

Awesome Linds and Scott! We talked about building a big sandbox then never did - guess we just go to the lake for the kids to enjoy a bigger "sandbox" than our 3 by 4 foot one. My parents actually get a big load of sand poured onto the beach like you did. The kids love that nice fine sand. Project well done guys! I had a sandbox like this as a kid and i remember loving it!

Sweet Mess said...

It is a great sandbox! I love the shots of our kids playing in it. That was a short and sweet visit!
~Kelcey
Thanks for the shout-out too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...