Sunday, February 17, 2008

Let's Start at the Very Beginning...

Welcome to our new blog!




The last few months have been quite a whirlwind for Scott and me and we are SO excited to finally be able to share all our joy and excitement with our friends and loved ones.

As many of you know, Scott and I are expecting our very first child to join us on August 3, 2008 and we could not be happier expecting parents!!! We first learned of our little blessing at the end of November...and have had trouble containing our excitment ever since.

My two and a half year old niece Clara was very excited to hear that she was going to have a cousin and when we asked her what we should name the baby if it's a boy, she responded with "JoJo." When asked what we should name it if it's a girl, she also responded with "JoJo!" So, our nickname for the little baby since the beginning has been Baby JoJo.

Uncle Scott loves spending time with Clara and is going to make an amazing Daddy.



We were lucky enough to have an early ultrasound at the end of December and we couldn't believe our eyes. Being able to see our little miracle was amazing. We saw the baby move a few times and the reality of what was going on inside my body was truly mind boggling. After being very blessed with no morning sickness or nausea throughout my first trimester, and not physically showing yet, it was really reassuring to see that there actually was a little person in there - with arm buds and leg buds and a little head! And to see all this at only 8 weeks into the pregnancy was incredible!

We are now 16 weeks into the pregnancy and Baby JoJo is healthy and growing! JoJo is about four and a half inches long and is already growing fingernails and toenails, can move his/her eyes behind the closed lids and is starting to hear sounds as well!







Here are the "before" and "4 months along" pictures! I'm finally starting to pop!






This past week we have started to feel JoJo move inside my belly! Just little flutterings at the moment, but enough movement that Scott has been able to feel the baby as well! It's been so exciting for both of us and we just can't wait to meet the little one in August!

We'll keep the updates coming as JoJo continues to grow!

6 comments:

Nina said...

Hey hey!!
Ok, my first question: Do twins run in your family?
Second, its totally a girl and I'm calling it right now! :-)

Cindy said...

Awesome! I love it! What a great way to keep us all up to date and excited! Can't wait to read more and meet this little one before long!
Love, mom

Lindsey said...

HAHA...Nina - There are twins somewhere in our line...but we already know there's only one in there. If you're asking because I look big, I fluctuate all the time (I know...that sounds weird...), but I'm not that big right now! :)

Unknown said...

This is so much fun. And if it so happens that the baby is born on the due date (pretty rare with first babies) s/he will share my husband's birthday ;~)

I had him take pictures every month for each of my babes and the 9 month photos are a hoot - both kids find them really fascinating (I am very short-waisted so it's pretty dramatic).

I hope you continue to feel terrific - starting out healthy and strong is definitely the way to go!! Congratulations you two!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey you guys! This is great! I'll add you to my blog roll on bottomland and the Swanson Log Book. We're so excited to have "front row seats" for this amazing journey!

Anonymous said...

Twins? What? Linds, you are so cute and I love the blog. Good job keeping us updated. Cant wait to see more! Soo happy for you guys!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...