1. I am married to the most wonderful man in the world and am madly in love with my 5 ½ month old son.
2. I love working at a school and being involved in kids’ lives. There are some students here that I’m really going to miss when they graduate!
3. I hate the sound of clocks that tick out loud! Especially if I’m trying to sleep in the same room as one! (I usually have to take it off the wall and put it in the hallway if I find myself in this situation!).
4. I grew up without a television and vowed that once my children were old enough to be aware of what they are seeing on TV we would get rid of ours…unfortunately, this decision is going to be a very difficult one to make as I’m somewhat addicted to Ellen, Jon and Kate Plus Eight, American Idol and (I’m TOTALLY ashamed to admit this) The Bachelor.
5. I rode a unicycle in the Macy’s Day Parade when I was 10 years old. - I met Joey Lawrence at the parade and didn’t know who he was (see #4) – but all the other girls on the Andover One Wheelers were quite smitten by him!
6. I grew up in a town of under 2,000 and have returned to my roots after a five year college hiatus on the North Shore. I love living in the country!
7. I admit that I would have been (well, probably still am, but REALLY would have been until recently) a great candidate for What Not to Wear on TLC. Stacey and Clinton would have had a field day with my wardrobe! Haha!
8. I desperately miss playing soccer competitively. I would give anything to play on a really competitive team again.
9. After playing sports all the way through college and coaching for the last 5 years, I have come to the realization that I LOVE to play sports much more than I love to coach them. I have yet to truly make the switch from athlete to coach, and am not sure if I ever will.
10. I made so many incredible friends in college and wish they lived closer.
11. I love photography, but am awful at keeping up with my photo albums.
12. I am excited to have more children someday, but am terrified of going through labor again. 36 hours from when my water broke until Camden arrived and I had back labor with no drugs. I’m glad I survived, but am so fearful of experiencing that again. I think I need post-labor counseling!
13. I grew up listening to Rosenshontz and Kids Praise and Camden WILL love them as well! ☺
14. Even though I’m married and have a child, I still sometimes sneak my Carebear out of the drawer in my bedside table and snuggle with him/it.
15. One of my biggest regrets in life is not giving a toast at my sister’s wedding. I feel like a horrible sister and have never let myself forget it.
16. I love that my Mom and Dad came to almost all of my soccer and basketball games through both high school and college. I feel so blessed that they are so dedicated to me.
17. I enjoy eating out and really miss Not Your Average Joe’s, Bertucci’s and Sylvan Street Grill from the North Shore, but will never get sick of PC’s or Pizza Chef (the two restaurants in our area – I’ve gone a million times in my life and it never get’s old!)
18. I loved to act and sing when I was growing up and did all the school plays and a summer theater production until High School.
19. Scott and I had a beautiful, outdoor wedding with contra dancing in a barn - Perfect for us!
20. I love being a mom. I love reading and discussing parenting topics. I love using cloth diapers. I love watching Camden learn, grow and laugh and my absolute favorite thing in the world is snuggling with him in bed. Thank God for long afternoon naps!
21. My relationship with God is the most important thing in my life and I can’t even fathom what my life would look like without Him.
22. God had to rupture my appendix for me to realize that Scott really was the one for me!
23. My first job (other than babysitting) was scooping ice cream at the yummiest ice cream store in the world! One of the perks of working at Arctic Dreams was getting free ice cream (even when we weren’t working) and I literally ate thousands of dollars of free ice cream over the years – I’m surprised they’re still in business!
24. I’ve only gotten one professional hair cut in my life (thanks for bringing me Tina!) and realized that the one’s my mom gives me are just as good and much cheaper!
25. I absolutely LOVED my college experience at Gordon – loved the classes, loved the teachers, loved the athletics and made the best friends of my life there. Good thing I followed in my mom and dad and sister’s steps and went to Gordon!
26. I have to add a #26 - I love my family soooo much and can’t imagine where I would be without their love and support. I also feel so blessed to have married into the Allenby family and feel like I’m probably in the minority because I actually really look forward to spending time with my in-laws!
No comments:
Post a Comment