This is a little "Blog-Out" (instead of shout-out...I'm not sure which of my friends coined this phrase...Barb? Jill? Jaq?) to two of my good friends from college are living the dream! They are incredibly talented singer/songwriters who have formed their own band called
Jill and Kate, (check them out on itunes!). Their music is incredible and always puts a smile on my face when I listen to their songs.
With Katie, Jill and Meghan at graduation...

While they continue to work on their own music, they are also part of Kelly Clarkson's band and travel the country and the world singing backup (and playing guitar - yeah Jill!).

Just in the last few weeks they traveled to the Bahamas, hopped around Europe visiting cities like London, Amsterdam and Vienna, flew back to the states and appeared on Good Morning America, American Idol and Live with Regis and Kelly all in a matter of a few days! Sometimes I look at their life and wish that I had the same opportunities. They are seeing the world, meeting famous people, and truly living their dream of performing and being successful musicians. It's awesome to see how far these friends have come, and I'm not gonna lie, it brings excitement to my quiet little life when I get to watch them on television and cheer for them from my couch.

After seeing them perform on American Idol this week, I was thinking about how awesome God is.

Jill and Katie are having the time of their lives and are really doing what I believe God created them to do! And although their life is incredible and I have fun hearing their stories and watching their success, I know that God has different plans for me. As quiet as my little life is, I'm so blessed with my wonderful husband, my beautiful child, and our life at our school. I love that when I wake up and open the shades in the morning, I'm looking at the beautiful mountain that I first climbed when I was three years old.

I love that I can almost see the roof of my parents' house that I grew up in down in the village from our yard. I love that we have thousands of acres of woods out our back door and that we literally (and I'm not even exaggerating) saw 15-20 deer surrounding our house last night. I love that my sister and her family live on a farm just 10 minutes away. I love that Camden is going to grow up in a town where people leave their cars unlocked and know most of their neighbors by name.

And I love that although my life is so different from Jill and Kate's, we are all "living the dream" in our own way and can maintain a friendship despite our different lives! I'm so proud of what they have accomplished and I'm so thankful that they bring some excitement into my little world, and at the same time I'm so proud of my own life and where God has brought me and my little family.
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to His purpose."
Now how's that for a Blog-out!?!?! :)
4 comments:
Great Blog sweetie! I'm glad you love our "little life" because I certainly do too! You couldn't pay me enough to do anything different or live any other way! Love you!
I LOVED that blog.
Will you write some for me? I'm slacking. As you know.
You are slacking Jaq! You blog-slacker you! Get on it girl! (Thanks for the cute thank you note! You're so on top of things)!
Linds, what a beautiful post!! Made me smile and you said it so well. God is good and it's awesome to see people using their gifts and talents and living life to the fullest! I'm so happy you're happy and I love your little family and the life you've created! Love, mom (down the hill and across the street) :)
Post a Comment