Saturday, March 7, 2009

on my own...


So, this week felt like a big week! Camden is turning seven months old on Monday...it's AMAZING how quickly time flies. He is such a little man these days! He loves to walk around holding our hands, he sits up and plays with toys by himself and is developing quite a little personality. He is such a joy to be around, and I'm realizing that I have hardly spent any time away from him in the last seven months (well, 15 months including pregnancy!). This winter I tutored some kids for an hour four days a week during the academic day here on campus, but other than that Camden has been in my arms, or by my side, for most of his life! On Thursday of this past week I went to the first day of a new series as part of a Women's Bible Study at our "new" Church. We started going to GCC last spring and have really enjoyed meeting new people, getting involved in a weekly cell group and getting settled into our new church home. I am really excited to be part of this Bible Study. Having a baby in the house makes personal time and quiet times few and far between. I felt a little sad leaving Camden behind with Scott as I drove the 35 minutes down to our church, but I must admit that I came home feeling refreshed and excited...and SO happy to hug my little one. I'm not sure if it's pitiful, or wonderful, that this 3.5 hour trip was the most time I've spent away from my little guy. I feel so blessed that I am able to stay home with him. He brings such incredible joy to my life, and I honestly felt like something major was missing when I was at church. I know it will get easier to leave him as he gets older, but for now, I know it is a good thing for me to do something on my own. Even though it's hard to drive away alone, it's good for me (spiritually and emotionally) and it's good for Scott to have some alone time with his son. Who would have thought you could love someone so much?!??!?!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I know what you mean. Who knew! I now get out two times a week without Corbin. At first it was really hard but now I enjoy my own time and Corbin gets to hang out with his daddy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...