Wednesday, June 16, 2010

'Tis the Season...

Early summer is a season of celebration for us in the Allenby household.  Mother's Day in May, Clara's Birthday in early June, and my Birthday, our Anniversary and Father's Day all in the same week in mid-June!  Phew!  I just said to Scott yesterday that we need to spread out these celebrations.  We aren't even wanting to go out to eat to celebrate because we feel like we've been out so often and have spent so much money on food recently!  Oh well, I really can't complain!  I love having excuses to enjoy life and be pampered!  We had a great time having both of our families together for my birthday last week.  We invited everyone over to "our condo" in Eastman and had a great time playing outside and barbecuing together!  Here are some pictures from the evening...
Camden and Pop...
Camden and Nan...
Bepa and Clara...
Cousins...
 Scott and his Dad after a nice long kayak...
Bepa helping out his grandchildren...
My delicious cake that Mom A made for me!
Ami showing Camden and Clara Nan's masterpiece.  Camden was practicing saying his letters...
Camden wanted to help Mama open her presents...
This past Saturday we drove down to CT to spend some time with friends a celebrate our college friends Kara and Hayes and their soon-to-be-born baby.  It is always great to spend time with old friends, and it was really fun to reconnect with people that I'm not very close to as well.  Kara and I played basketball together, but she had a very close group of girlfriends that I knew casually, but wasn't very tight with.  It's been fun in recent years to get to know them better as many of us have become mothers and enjoy swapping stories and advice with one another.  Here are some pictures from our day in CT.  (Yes, we drove 3 hours down, hung out for 3.5 hours and drove 3 hours back...and it was totally worth it!  Camden was a trooper)!
This is Camden meeting Brooke for the first time.  Brooke is the little 6 month old daughter of our college friends, Scott and Barb.  Scott and my Scott played basketball together and Barb and I did as well.  Actually Scott and Barb, Hayes and Kara and Scott and I are the Gordon basketball couples!  Now we are all married with kids!  Crazy!
Barb and Brooke...
Camden and Daddy playing baseball in the yard...
Camden had a blast running through the huge puddles in the driveway.
And he even made a new friend, Sophia...
Me and B...
Lots of girls from college - some of whom I'm close with and others I had fun reconnecting with...
Kara and Hayes had A LOT of little helpers when they opened their presents!  It was pure chaos and they were very patient!
Soon-to-be Mama!
Little James was tired!
Camden hadn't had an afternoon nap so we thought he would definitely sleep for a long time on the way home...instead he fell asleep for about 30 minutes and was up the entire rest of the way!  Here he is as we near Andover.  He was a trooper!

Thanks to everyone for all the Birthday love!  It's hard to believe I'm officially in my LATE 20's now!  Ugh!  28!  And, I have to listen to Scott rub it in until October that I'm older than him!  He loves to bring that up!  Anniversary tomorrow and Father's Day on Sunday and then we get a little down time...phew!  All this excitement and celebrating is exhausting!  I'm off to bed!

2 comments:

Scott A. said...

Happy Anniversary wifey!!! I love you!!

Kara Murray said...

Linds - we're so glad that you guys came, it was fun! I can't wait to come up and visit you next :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...