Here are a few things that I have been enjoying/excited about over the last week or two...
1) On Saturday I got to play SOCCER!!! It was amazing! I played with a couple other faculty members against/with the girls Varsity team! We had SO much fun and it felt so good to break a sweat, run around in the fresh air and score a couple goals! :) I was really nervous to play as I was only 5 weeks post-partum and still not completely physically recovered, but my midwife said I could play and I went for it! It felt much better than I anticipated and now I'm all inspired to get back in shape and lose this baby weight! Here I am with Mel, Lindsay (who I played against in high school! She is a nasty goalie and when she first started at Proctor a couple years ago we both totally knew exactly who the other one was from our years as competitors) and my friend Amy...
2) Unlike much of the country, I had never really watched the television show Glee until recently. I would flip by it occasionally when I was watching TV and thought it was kind of strange - I mean it's essentially a musical on TV (something that's never really been done successfully before) and if you're just flipping by it it's a little strange. BUT, I know enough people who love the show (particularly my sister) and decided to give it a try. I borrowed the first season from the local library and started on the first episode and was immediately hooked! I was shocked by the development of characters, the intense topics that the show tackled and how the producers handled each one, the incredible voices of the cast who sing all of their own songs...Let's just say that I spent Camden's nap times watching lots of Glee over the last couple of weeks and I am now officially caught up and can watch season two as each new episode premiers on Tuesdays. YAHOO!!! :)
3) We had some of our good friends from college up to visit on Sunday and had such a blast with them. We usually go down to Connecticut to visit them since there are a few couples that we're friends with who all live near each other, but this time they offered to come up to NH! We met our friend's little baby Eden who was born in July and had so much fun catching up on life! Thanks for making the trek Hayes, Kara, Josh and Meg!
4) I'm loving watching Camden love on his little brother! How cute are they?!?!
5) I got the new Taylor Swift album for free (long story) and am actually loving it! I know, I know...I'm a preteen at heart. It's fun to get new music and learn all the lyrics (something that I don't get to do very often!
6) My favorite restaurant in the world closed for about 10 months and just recently reopened! I went three times in the first two weeks (but still couldn't match my dad's 5 times!). Loving having my Peter's Mother's Favorite back again! :)
7) I'm super excited for my brother-in-law's wedding this weekend! Can't wait for Sarah to officially be a part of the family (although it feels like she already is!). I'm sure I'll do a post with pictures soon!
8) LOVE living near both sets of our parents. They are the best and our boys just love them all to pieces.
9) It's been so fun watching Camden grow up. He got to ride on a horse last weekend and he's loving the easel that he got from Uncle Brian and Aunt Sarah for his birthday! It's so fun that he's old enough to do crafty projects with now!
I guess you could say that life is pretty good right now! We are so thankful for all of God's blessings in our life!




7 comments:
What a great post! Of course I love the soccer picture and LINDSEY was amazing! What a fun day that was. Pregnancy took nothing away from you! Glee fan. Taylor S. fan. Recording CMAs right now :) LOVE the boys in their cute shirts!
I'm watching the CMA's right now! :) And I still can't believe you just saw Carrie Underwood! Sooo jealous!
Great post, Linds! Thanks again for watching Glee with me last night!
so glad to hear things are going so well!!
Lindsey these are precious...so glad you got to play soccer!!! Also, I love the baby Bjorn in the jacket photo! So fun! :)
Lindsey, your posts are always so inspiring! Your positive outlook on life is so refreshing:) Oh... and I am so craving Peter Christians now!
Linds, I'm just catching up on all these new posts. This is a great one! I can't believe you played soccer and made a couple goals 5 weeks after having a baby! Who does that? Hey, how about inviting me up to watch Glee next Tuesday so I can celebrate the beginning of MY vacation?? :)
Post a Comment