Tuesday, December 7, 2010

One Year!

One year ago today was a scary day for our family.  My mom had a mastectomy after finding out she had breast cancer last fall.  Her surgery was successful and after opting not to undergo chemo and radiation, but instead focus on eating healthier, exercising and researching ways to live a healthier lifestyle we can happily say that one year later she is cancer free!!!  YAY MOM!!!!!  What a relief and answer to our many prayers.  Cancer is such a scary thing, and it seems to be almost an epidemic this day in age.  It doesn't seem to matter how old you are or how healthy you are...it's everywhere.  My mom has been such an incredible example to me of taking something that could have crushed you to the core physically and emotionally and taking charge of it and making the best out of a intensely difficult situation.  I can honestly say that I've never seen my mom with more energy, more zest for life, more discipline before in my life.  Thank you mom for being such a great example to me and all the students you come in contact with everyday.  Thank you for showing us all that circumstances do not need to dictate your life.  Everyone says we look exactly alike, but I hope I got more from you than just your stunning good looks!  I love you!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Awww...thanks, Linds! You are very sweet! Thank you for writing this... :) I love you too!!

Jay, Sarah, Noah, & Nate said...

what a wonderful story! so happy you still have your mom and even better than ever!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...