1) FREE SHIPPING! What a wonderful and amazing idea! Living in a rural area makes running errands really difficult...especially with two little kids. I'll often plan my whole day around a couple errands that I need to run because between the 30+ minute drive to get anywhere, naptimes, cranky kids, meals etc...it can make shopping difficult and no fun! For example, I just had to make a "quick trip" over to the Tilton outlets to get something the other day. I drove for over thirty minutes on backroads with both kids. By the time I got there, Micah was screaming. I dragged his carseat into the store and immediately took him out to hold him and try and get him to stop crying. Meanwhile, Camden ran like a terror around the store, hiding, pulling things off shelves and just being a hyper toddler. At one point I had to lay Micah down on the dirty floor to clean up 30 Christmas cards that Camden had just dumped onto the floor.
Juggling kids is tough, especially when they are both hyper/cranky and, needless to say, I couldn't think straight and was so anxious to get out of there that I bought $40 worth of ugly Christmas cards that I ended up returning a week later, just because I didn't want that entire trip to be in vain. Ugh. Anyways, living far from stores with kids makes shopping more of a hassle than an enjoyment so I have to say...free shipping is incredible. I order most of my baby items from diapers.com - they are amazing and I get free two-day shipping! Love it! I also just ordered Camden's few Christmas presents on Amazon from the comfort of my own living room! Amazing! Maybe I'll just turn into a total hermit and never leave my house again! :) Oh, and did you know there's something called Free Shipping Day coming up on the 17th...oh no...that's TODAY!!! Check out this link to see all 1,759 stores and companies that are participating! I can't buy anything because we're trying to save money these days now that we're homeowners, but YOU should go buy something and enjoy free shipping! 2) The second incredible invention is the shopping carts that have little cars for kids to ride in at the grocery store. Now, I have no idea why, but I didn't give these carts a try until last week. Oh man...I have been missing out. I'm not sure why I didn't use them before - did I think they were too germy? Did I think I had it all together and didn't need them? Was I too good for the race car cart? I have no idea what my thinking was, but if any of you have ever seen me trying to grocery shop with both Camden and Micah, you know I don't have it all together. Camden generally races up and down the isles as fast as he can, occasionally pulling items off the shelf to show me. I used to dread having to go shopping with both of them (then there was that time I got them both all loaded up, drove the 15 minutes to the store in the pouring rain and after pulling into the parking lot realized I didn't have my wallet...UGH! THAT was bad!), but these last two times I've gone Camden has ridden in these cool carts and has stayed totally content the entire time! He LOVES it. I ask him to help me steer and he uses the little steering wheel - it really is probably the greatest invention of all time (well, almost...I guess there have been a few others that have been more lifechanging...).
Anyways, free shipping and race car carts are wonderful. I'm a happy mommy!

2 comments:
You are too funny! Yes, Corbin loves the carts with cars, etc. I thought they would be hard to move but they are really easy. Our problem is that they are often all taken up when we get to the store. I have gotten a pretty good routine for going to the store with the kids. I put Eliza in the ergo and Corbin in the cart. I would be chasing Corbin and picking up after him the whole time if I let him out. I often think about what life would be like if I still lived in rural NH with two kids! I am lucky our grocery store is only 5 minutes away. But I still can't really get more than one errand done with both of them, let alone Christmas shopping!
Noah loves those carts too! My only problem is that I underestimate the length and ALWAYS run into stuff. Oops!
Post a Comment