Thursday, February 24, 2011

House Blessing

The contractors are going to have quite a surprise when they arrive at our new house this morning!  Last night, in the only small window of time that we could get off campus and get together with our parents before the dry wall is hung (starting today!!  Eeeek!), we all went over to the house and had a little "House Blessing."  We spent some time walking around the house and writing verses on the walls - favorite verses, promises, blessings.  It will be so special to know that God's promises are written in our walls forever.  He blessed us with this house and we really want to use it to bless others in our future. 
In Deuteronomy it says, "Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8 Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 9 Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates."
So, that's what we did!  We wrote on the walls, on the doorframes, on the ceiling... 

 In the boys' room...
 Camden (and Ami's) contribution...
On our closet in our room...
 Scott thinks I'm a dork...  :)
 Happy homeowners...
 Everytime I get food out of the little pantry closet I will try to remember this...
 Over our doorway...
 Love this one...
 Micah had had quite enough...
Can't wait to watch this house become our home!  :)

14 comments:

Lisa Logan said...

I LOVE this, Lindsey!! What a fantastic idea and great way to always be mindful of those verses. SO neat to LITERALLY have them as the foundation of your home! If we ever built our own place, I'm stealing this! :)

Sarah said...

This is so neat - really a beautiful thing - both the activity and the end product! I have always loved that passage from Deuteronomy (I'd say it's one of the most important/prominent ones in Judaism), and it's so cool that you used it as guidance in writing all of these blessings and verses in your home. It will definitely be a very special place!

Magpie Designz said...

what an awesome idea! You chose some great passages....what a neat way to bless your little home!

Jay, Sarah, Noah, & Nate said...

What an awesome idea! And Micah's face is too cute even though he's not happy!

conveyableflow said...

Very cool!

Amy Mak said...

Love this!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Linds! We're sad to miss it, but I'm so glad that you made time for this! Love you!

Cerissa said...

I just love this idea!! It makes me want to rip open our walls! I guess we'll have to wait till we start some remodeling projects. Thanks for the beautiful inspiration. Many blessings on your home!!

Rachel Ludwick said...

LOVE it. God Bless you guys!!!

J.Hubbs said...

I. LOVE. THIS. IDEA.

Kyle said...

This is so inspiring! How wonderful!

Cindy said...

Great post, Linds! Pop did a great job getting Camden to smile... but poor little Micah!! Can't wait to see them both playing in and around their new house!

Jessica Griz said...

How absolutely cool! I just love this Lindsey. I love how you will think about and meditate on scripture as you walk through your house, even when you can't see it. Your boys will love knowing this too as they grow up in the house. :)

jenny said...

SOOOOO PRECIOUS!!!! Ah... I feel like I just took a walk on the beach reading these! Seeing it written on your walls! what a true BLESSING

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...