I just want to say thank you. I think I've always had an appreciation for how you raised me and the relationship we've had, but since becoming a mother myself, I've really gained so much more respect for you. I never realized how deep and strong a mother's love is for her child until I had my own sons to love.
I never realized how hard it must have been for you to have a toddler and a newborn and I somehow now forgive you for leaving me sleeping under the tree at the beach all those years ago. :) I never realized how painful it must have been to have your child yell at you, argue with you, think they are always right, until I had children of my own and I'm already dreading the moment they think they know it all. I'm so thankful for the bond that we've always had. The way we can make each other laugh like no one else in the world can. The way people always think we're sisters. The way we (used to) eat ice cream like it was our job. The way you used to rub my back and sing me lullaby's - the same exact songs I now sing to Camden every night. Thank you for all the sacrifices you made to give me the life that I've had. I've always loved you, but I think I love you even more now that I'm a mom too. I'm glad I have such a beautiful, strong, intelligent, passionate, giving person to model my life after. Thank you for being the most amazing mother and grandmother. I love you.
And to Mom A,
I couldn't be more thankful for the family that I have married into. You, too, have set such a wonderful example for Scott and me to follow as we raise our boys. Thank you for doing such an incredible job helping to shape Scott and make him the man he is today. His strength of character, his work ethic, his compassion are all reflections of the incredible parents that both you and Dad A have been to him. Thank you for making me feel like the daughter you always wanted (even though I now have to share that title with two wonderful sisters...!) and for being such a great grandmother to our children! Love you and Happy Mothers Day!
Here are a few pictures of the amazing line of women that I am proud to call my family...
My Great Grandmother - Katherine Grey (My middle name and Micah's middle name are named after her!) with my Grandpa Gordon (my mom's father)...
My maternal great-grandmother, Eleanor, with her mom, Melanie, 1904...
My Grandma Sylvia (my mom's mom) as a child with her mother, Eleanor...
My mom with her mom, Sylvia, in 1961...
Me and my mom...
My sister, Caren, Mom, Grandma Sylvia and me...
And me with my boys...I love being a Mommy!
Happy Mother's Day to all of the wonderful mothers in my life!







5 comments:
Fantastic!! You make me so happy! And you're such a great writer! I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day too! You're such a great mom to two of the cutest little boys in the whole world! Love you! Mom
And Happy Mother's Day to you, too, Linds! Love you, thankful for you and proud of the mother you are to our boys!
Such a beautiful post! I always love reading your blog! Happy Mother's Day! We're finally going to meet in August! We have changed plans a bit to hopefully surprise G & G Erickson at their b-day/anniversary party! Can't wait to see the boys play together too!
I'm proud to be the mother-in-law of such a great Mommy in her own right! You're doing a amazing job with those two precious little guys, and we're thankful that they have you and Scott raising them so marvelously! Love you, Linds!
So nice! Love the pictures of the women who have come before. Great post.
Post a Comment