Saturday, May 14, 2011

Pooh Sticks and Black Flies

I'm so depressed that the five day forecast looks like this:
We've actually been enjoying some beautiful sunny weather this last week.  We spent lots of time outside - playing on the playground, running around with friends and family, blowing a lot of bubbles and getting eaten alive by black flies.  Mother's Day through Father's Day is miserable in New Hampshire with swarms and swarms of black flies.  I literally have been unable to sleep the last couple of nights because all my bug bites are itching me so bad.  Grrrr.  One of the things I truly can't stand about summer.  For some reason ever since I was a little kid, I seem to be the only one the bugs actually bite and I get so itchy and bumpy and yucky...just not fair!  Oh well, I'm still glad summer/spring and sun are here (although the rain the next five days will give me a little respite and an excuse to stay indoors away from the black flies!).


A couple days ago we went for a walk with my mom down to the meadow and played on the swinging bridge.  Camden loves to play "Pooh Sticks" and we played until we couldn't stand the bugs anymore!  It's such a blessing living close to family.  Here are a few pictures of our time at the river...
 Budding trees - after this upcoming rain the leaves will all be out!
The black flies seemed to like Micah too.  He has his first-ever little bite on his face  :(
I happened to have my camera with me that night as we walked home from dinner in the dining hall.  I couldn't resist snapping this impromptu snuggle session on the baseball field!  My boys are cute!
Looking at an airplane

5 comments:

Amy Mak said...

No!!! Awful forecast...we'll have to meet at the library at least! Love the cute photos but I also hate the black flies - as awful as the forecast :) Have a good movie night!

M Hardie said...

My word I hate blackflies. We must have allergic reactions to them because the same things happens to me....I get so read and swollen and itchy at the bite site and the itching wakes me up too! And boooooo to the rain - it depresses me. No walk for us this week I guess. I WILL see your house before you move in to it!

Cindy said...

Loved our pooh sticks adventure! Yay for spring! (Boo for rain! But it will help everything grow...)

Kyle said...

Lindsey, I also am a victim of the black fly madness. Those bites are the worst! And don't feel too bad about the rain... even here in sunny California we have had unseasonable rain for the past three days. And who knows, maybe the rain will scare those flies away.

Also, am I the only person who has no idea what pooh sticks is?

Jay, Sarah, Noah, & Nate said...

Oh my gosh, I think Micah is looking more and more like Camden! AGain, coming from someone who has never seen you guys in person! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...