Wednesday, June 15, 2011

29

So I've just entered the final year of my 20's!  It feels a little weird that next year at this time I'll be 30 years old (Scott and I were just talking about how old 30 sounds!), so I'm going to do my best to enjoy being young while I can!  :)

I had a really wonderful birthday this year.  We spent the day on Sunday together with both of our sets of parents and my sister and her family.  We went up to Caren and Dave's church in Vermont in the morning and really enjoyed seeing their community that has played such an important role in their lives over the last few years.  Caren helped run the service and Dave gave the sermon - they both were so perfectly in their element and it was special to be there with them.  After church we all went to Lui Lui's for a yummy Birthday lunch where we had a whole room to ourselves to run around, eat delicious food and open some presents.  I was completely surprised when the entire waitstaff came in clapping and singing for my birthday!  I was totally shocked and it made my day!  :)
After coming home for naptime, I went up to the New London Barn Playhouse (the oldest continually running summerstock theater in New Hampshire) and watched the Straw Hat Review with my Mom and in-laws.  Scott stayed home with the boys and dealt with Micah pooping in the tub...ahhhh...It was so nice to enjoy the theater and NOT have to deal with that.  I had a blast and it inspired us to get tickets for Scott and me to enjoy Guys and Dolls together later this summer!

Here are a few pictures from our time together at Lui Lui's...
 Free surprise dessert!
 The whole Fam...
 Camden helping me open presents...
 Clara and Ami...
 Dad A and Scott...
 Mom and me...
 We caught the kids coloring on this chalkboard...oops!
 Dave and Caren...
 My little man...
On Monday (my real birthday) Scott and I painted together at the new house while my mom watched the boys and then that night we went to Clara's kindergarten graduation!  Our first of MANY school events in my old elementary/middle school gym!  She was adorable and Camden was so proud of her!
Getting her diploma and being sprinkled with fairy dust!  :)
I'm not sure what Clara is doing in this photo!
Camden gave her the biggest hug!
 Caught red-handed!
 Love this one...
I'll save the house pics for the next post!  Things are looking good though!  :)

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Linds, this is such a great post! What fun times! And your photography is amazing - you capture such perfect moments...like Clara getting her diploma and being the only one on stage with her back to audience! Not sure what she was doing there either! I also love the kids drawing on the chalkboard. All of them are so great! Good memories of a great birthday! (And I found out that the Straw Hat Review has always been free! Why didn't we go every year???

Anonymous said...

Love this Linds! Thanks for sharing! And I'm bummed that I missed the Straw Hat Review... Happy Birthday!

M Hardie said...

Just remember.....30 is the new 20. And I actually LOVED turning 30. Now 40 - THAT sounds old (and I am quickly approaching - ew!)!! Also, you look like a YOUNG 29......more like the lower end of the 20s. So live large this year and enjoy 29! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...