Monday, June 27, 2011

Farewell

This is a sad, sad night.  I just turned off the television for the final time this evening.  We are moving tomorrow and have sold our TV to some friends (at least I'll still get to visit it occasionally)!  In all honesty, I'm looking forward to quieter evenings, more quality time with the hubs and more chances to have my nose in a good book, but I have to say, I will miss the mindless entertainment after a long day.  I think in the big scheme of life, I'm excited to raise our boys in a tv-free environment, and I'm excited that my evenings won't revolve around certain shows that I just have to watch (we never had dvr or anything like that, which would have made things a little bit easier!).  Goodbye Ellen.  Goodbye Bachelor/ette.  Goodbye Dancing with the Stars and all you fun singing shows.  I will miss you all.  You've been so good to me!  I'll update you all in a few weeks and let you know how I'm hanging in there!
On another note, we are saying goodbye to dorm life!  We pretty much moved straight from college dorms into being dormparents at Cardigan and then living in dorms at Proctor for the last five years.  In our married lives we've never really had our own space and it's exciting to think that we own this little plot of land together that we have dumped all of our blood, sweat and tears into over the last seven months.  I will miss aspects of living in the dorm - the relationships with the boys, the free pizza at 10:00pm on a near weekly basis, living within a stone's throw of many friends with little children...not to mention free housing/utilities/cable/maintanence etc...it will definitely take some time to adjust to our new life, but we are so excited to have a home to care for, to live so close to campus, but still have a little separation, to get to know our neighbors and more people from the town.  We have so much to look forward to, now if we can just make it through tomorrow!  Eeek!

Before and After pictures of the house coming soon!!!!  We probably won't have internet at the house until the end of the week or next week, so be patient!  :)
 

6 comments:

rholland25 said...

There's always hulu!

HAK said...

Wow, a home with no PBS Kids, Disney, or Max and Ruby? What will life be like? And I was just going to tell you that when you need a tv fix after the kids are in bed and you've had one of those days, there's always hulu.com to keep you entertained, but I see that someone beat me to it! Enjoy your new home, can't wait to see pics!

Sweet Mess said...

I am glad to hear the move went well~ Can't wait to see new pictures of your home!!!

Lisa Logan said...

I have just spent the last 25 minutes catching up on your blog with my morning cup of coffee. What a wonderful way to start the day! I loved reading the story of you and Scott and seeing all those adorable updated pictures of the boys. Can't wait to see the house--hope you guys are loving it!! I'm going to have to get back to the blogging world soon--I've missed it! :)

Glenn Makechnie said...

Ok, so I just Blog Stalked you guys. Loved the house pics on FB today! So much work, and it looks soooo good!

Amy Mak said...

I'm excited for you! Beautiful house, beautiful family - there is a great spirit in your home. You will survive without tv- as long as you can keep streaming that women's soccer. Bachelor at my house? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...