Saturday, November 12, 2011

A Little Catch Up

A little random update from the last week and a half...
We had a wonderful surprise visit from our good friends Scott and Barb.  They are Basketball Couple #1 from Gordon, followed by Hayes and Kara...and we are #3.  :)  Yes, that's right, Barb played with me and Scott was on Scott's team and there was lots of basketball romance going on.  Anyways...Scott and Barb live in CT with their adorable little girls and got hit really hard by the October snow storm!  They lost power for over a week and headed up to NH to stay with Barb's brother in the Upper Valley.  We love having this NH connection because we often try to squeeze in a quick visit when they are in NH visiting family since a 45 minute drive is much easier with two kids than 3.5 hour drive!  They came down to see our new house and hang out and I got to meet their sweet little Karis for the first time!  It was a wonderful, spontaneous surprise and I hope they lose power more often so we can see them again soon!  (Just kidding, B...I know that was miserable for you guys!)
 Barb and Brooke...
 Sweet little Karis...
Scott's soccer season just came to a close and we're going to miss hanging out on the sidelines with friends!  Of course, we'll be running around the gym with friends as Scott starts basketball season on Monday, but we will miss the crisp fall air and snotty noses of little rosy cheeked toddlers.
Here is one of our new friends whose parents just started working at PA this year!
 Oh Camden...
 Micah and his new buddy, William...
 Kisses...
 Playing with leftover snow...
 LOVE this handmade sweater...
We gave Micah his first haircut last week.  Just a teeny-tiny trim in the back.  He kind of looked like he had a mullet and we felt like it was time.  Here is a before/after photo...Can you see the difference?
And here is Camden "shaving" in the tubby.  Don't worry, there isn't an actual razor blade attached to this razor!
Always an adventure trying to capture of picture of both boys together.  These two were both wearing their Franklin Goose shirts (thank you Uncle Jeff and Aunt Ashley!) and I could not for the life of me capture a good shot.  Oh well.  I'll survive.
And what would we do without Skype?  We have been missing Auntie and Cousin Clara (I'm just now realizing that it's kind of funny how we often refer to Clara as "Cousin Clara" seeing as she is the only cousin and the only Clara in our boys' lives!) and Uncle Dave so much since their move to North Carolina in August.  During this skype session, Auntie read the boys a book...they were enthralled and it made me miss her so much!  :(
Bam - how's that for a random update from the last week and a half???

3 comments:

B said...

Yay! we made the blog! scott thinks the picture of you and me (you and I?) is a great picture - he's wondering who the awesome photographer must have been...hmm... :) loved seeing you guys - so fun! i hope we lose power more often too :)

Amy Mak said...

That is so cute - I love the pics. And I love all the love on the basketball team - very funny!

Cindy said...

I hadn't seen this until now! Great photos!! Laughed out loud at those cute boys. Glad you got to see Barb and Scott and kids. Fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...