Wednesday, December 14, 2011

'Tis the Season

Ok, just to clarify my previous post...I was definitely talking about trying to avoid big box stores like Wal-mart this holiday season.  If I'm looking for something that I can buy locally, I always try to do that.  We have the cutest shops in our area and I love supporting our local economy.  I just would much rather shop from the comfort of my own home for items such as Camden's awesome new scooter he's getting for Christmas, than wander through the isles of Wal-mart with the rest of America!  And yes, you probably know of my love for Amazon (thank you free two-day shipping), but this article circulating on Facebook is not cool.  Support local businesses.  I personally know the people who own about half of the shops in New London and I want to continue to see that small town thrive.

Anyway, my two little elves and I have had fun preparing for Christmas these last couple of weeks.  Yesterday, we decided to make some muffins to bring to our neighbors along with our Christmas card.  Camden had so much fun helping me bake and both boys were so excited to visit our neighbors' homes.  We are so blessed with the best little neighborhood to live in.  I've known the families on either side of me my whole life and they just love our boys!

Yummy blueberry muffins...
 I even scrounged up some Christmasy looking bags to fill!
 My little helpers...
 This house has the coolest gardens and yard!
 My mother-in-law made us this beautiful swag for our door.  I think it's funny that it's called that...but it is! Thanks, Mom A!
 We're supposed to get a little bit tonight!  (my homemade chalkboard isn't doing very well...see all the previous notes on there?!!?!  oh well...it's still cute enough for me). 
 Our calendar.  Camden looks so little in this picture from last year!
 Camden has loved opening the door on his advent calendar every day.  It's so fun having kids to share these special traditions with!
 Our stockings...
 And our nativity scene with the iPod in the background and a sleeping sheep.  Not very picturesque, sorry!
 Our home looking in at nighttime...
 Our neighbors put lights on this little lone tree in the field across from our house.  I love it!
 Our house in the background..
Only a few more days and Scott will be home on vacation for 2.5 weeks!  Can't wait to have some special family time together!  Enjoy this season - we sure are!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

What a great blog post! Those pictures of the boys walking down the street with their little bags of goodies - so precious!! And I love the one looking in at your tree at night. Such a fun and magical season! Thanks for sharing... :)
Love, mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...