So here is the question. Who should I root for? I mean, I was born and raised in New Hampshire, went to college in Boston and have been a Boston sports fan for most of my life (I'm not going to claim that I'm a die-hard, because I'm not, but I've always cheered on the Sox, Celtics, Patriots and Bruins and living in Boston from 2000-2005 was pretty amazing - there was a lot of winning going on during that time)! So naturally, I'm a New England fan. But...This Tim Tebow character has gotten my attention. He's fun to watch. He's a stand-up guy. He has his priorities straight. In this great article, Rick Reilly explains how every week "Tebow picks out someone who is suffering, or who is dying, or who is injured. He flies these people and their families to the Broncos game, rents them a car, puts them up in a nice hotel, buys them dinner (usually at a Dave & Buster's), gets them and their families pregame passes, visits with them just before kickoff (!), gets them 30-yard-line tickets down low, visits with them after the game (sometimes for an hour), has them walk him to his car, and sends them off with a basket of gifts.
Home or road, win or lose, hero or goat."
Wow. Who does that?!?! The article goes on to quote different people who have been lucky enough to be on the receiving end of this generosity and their lives have truly been changed.
Now, I know it's not fair to make this comparison, but I'm going to anyways. I just couldn't get this image out of my head when I was reading about Tebow:
![]() |
| Image |
Two great quarterbacks. It's going to be an awesome game. I guess I'll be happy no matter what the outcome is. Afterall, I am from New England and it would just feel wrong to root against them, but I'm loving the underdog story and the self-less nature of Tebow and the Broncos! I just hope it's a good game!
![]() |
| Brady Tebow |


1 comment:
Too bad it wasn't a great game...:( Tebow has gotten my attention too. I didn't know he did all those nice things - love that. I rarely watch football, but I watched last night!
Post a Comment