Yesterday my parents celebrated 35 years of marriage! Wow! I am so lucky to have parents that are committed to one another, love one another, honor one another, encourage one another and cherish one another even after 35 years! It's pretty amazing. I can't even express how incredible it was to grow up in a house where I didn't have to worry if my parents were going to get divorced. Sure, they disagreed on things and had moments of anger and frustration, as any couple does, but I knew that they were in it for the long haul and that nothing was going to change that for them. Not having the weight of that fear hovering over me allowed me to enjoy my childhood and provided me an incredible example for my marriage today. Thank you, Mom and Dad, for loving each other so well. I love you both!
Here is what I shared on Facebook yesterday. I think it's pretty great!
"Happy
35th Anniversary to my Mom and Dad! I love you both so much. Thank
you for showing me every day what a healthy, loving, committed marriage
looks like. "In sickness and in health" has taken on a whole new
meaning to you and it is inspiring to see your love for one another
continue to grow through this difficult time. I love you both more than
you know. ♥
My parents were pretty darn cute expressing their love for one another as well.
Here's what my Dad posted on Facebook:
Only God knows what the future holds, but what a blessing to have loved so well and shared so much together in this life. I love you both so much.
On another note, our little family of four hopped up the road about a mile to this beautiful lake yesterday to enjoy a late afternoon dip:
I certainly wasn't planning on actually going in...I thought it was going to be freezing and we would just let the kids play, but it turned out to be beautiful! The water was refreshing, clear and not a bit too cold. We had a blast and continue to be so thankful for this gorgeous place where we get to raise our family.
This is our town's drinking water! Hi little fishies!
Let summer begin!!!

1 comment:
Linds, I'm just now seeing this!! Love it all! Thank you for your kind words. You're wonderful! And I can't believe you went in swimming already!! And you didn't tell me! Wow, swimming in May... pretty amazing for NH! Love the pictures! Looks like you had so much fun!
Love, mom
Post a Comment