Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Pig Roast

We live in New Hampshire, so obviously, when we're invited to a friend's house for dinner our first thought is, will this be a normal cook-out with hot dogs and hamburgers or will we dig up our meal from underground?  Our good friends Gregor and Amy decided to have a Pig Roast and although I was a little nervous about the idea at first, it turned out to be so fun and so delicious!  Gregor's brothers were up visiting and they thought it would be fun to roast an entire pig underground "Polynesian style" - I didn't even know you could roast a pig underground, but they did it and it was awesome!  Here are some pictures from the beautiful summer evening...
What a sweet big brother...
 Digging up the beast...
 These guys live in a pretty picturesque part of town!
 Unwrapping the wire, burlap sacks, tinfoil etc...to reveal the poor pig!
 The head fell off - I guess that's a good sign that it was done!  I took a picture of just the head, but thought I'd spare you that vision...
 Camden wasn't quite sure what to think, but he sure ate a lot of meat.  I'm thinking this might be a yearly tradition. 
Have YOU ever been to a Pig Roast?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um...can I PLEASE steal these pictures??? Can you believe I didn't get any? I would LOVE to do a redneck pig roast post :) Great shots!

conveyableflow said...

We had a pig roast the night before our wedding. It's one of my favorite meals ever! Once you get over the whole big dead pig part, it's just so delicious, eh?

Cindy said...

That's disgusting!! Sorry... but glad you had fun!

Anonymous said...

Didn't you come to our pig roast? Actually, now that I think about it, it would have been just after Micah was born, so you probably didn't.

Anonymous said...

Also, these pictures are GREAT and I'm glad you had so much fun!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...