Sunday, April 27, 2014

Happy Easter!

 Last year Easter was in late March - I was overdue, emotional and exhausted.  I have to say, this year was sunny and I wasn't 41 weeks pregnant...so I was in a much better state of mind.  We had so much fun with the kids during the week leading up to Easter - decorating eggs, going to the big Easter egg hunt in New London with friends, talking about Jesus' death and resurrection (not an easy one to understand for any of us, but so fun to dig into this stuff with our kids), attending a great service (and another Easter egg hunt) at our wonderful church followed by an afternoon of family at my in-law's.  I was definitely missing my sister's family, and my Dad of course, but it was a beautiful warm day and it was so good to be reminded of the joy of the resurrection and the promise of new life in Him!

Our annual Easter egg hunt in New London took place the weekend before Easter - and it was freezing!  The kids had a blast though!

 Meeting the Easter Bunny...
 Our good friend Audrey joined us! 
 An action shot...

 Sadie will enjoy this a lot more next year, but she had fun tagging along...
Decorating Easter eggs...


 We had an Easter egg hunt before church on Sunday morning...

 Eating their loot - Camden was SO excited there were honey-nut cheerios instead of just plain cheerios in his eggs!  Easy to please!

 Pretty colors...
 Our three little ones at Church on Easter morning...
 On Easter afternoon we finally got a good family picture!  Thanks Brian!
 Love how Camden is looking at Sadie in this one.  Such a good big brother!



 Co-Mother-in-Laws!
 The grandparents really wanted a photo with the kids...unfortunately, they were done with the picture taking by this point.  Oops!  (This is the only one with Camden actually smiling - he's either crying or had run out of the photo in the others!)  :)
 My Girl...
 Ami invented a fun game...
 How's this for an awkward family photo?!?!  Should I send it in to the website?!
 Cousins!
Happy Easter, everyone!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...