![]() |
| Look how nervous he was on the first day! Fall 2012 |
Camden has grown so incredibly much these last two years. He has grown from that crying, nervous, timid child to a confident, funny, smart little boy. We are so proud of how far he's come and we know that his preschool was the perfect fit for him in so many ways.
We're feeling especially teary as Micah will be attending a different preschool next year. Though we loved the Montessori school sooo much, we are choosing to send Micah to a school that is much closer to home. We were driving 22-25 minutes each way to bring Camden to preschool and it wasn't fair to be dragging the younger children back and forth in the car so much. With Camden starting Kindergarten at the public school in town I didn't want to be pulled in so many directions. We'll be saving a lot of time, money and gas, so my practical husband is thrilled, but I'm a bit weepy over the whole thing.
People have been asking how Camden is handling this transition of finishing up his preschool and preparing for Kindergarten and I have to say that he is very aware of it and has been really articulate with his feelings. He expresses how nervous he is for Kindergarten, but also talks about the fun playground and how he'll get to make lots of new friends. He's nervous about it being five full days a week, but is excited to be closer to home and be able to walk or ride his bike to school in the mornings. Last night he prayed, "God, I pray that you will help me not to be afraid and that you will give me courage during my play tomorrow night." And at dinner tonight he turned to me and said, "Thank you so much, Mama, for sending me to my preschool. I love it there and I'm really going to miss it."
We attended the "closing ceremonies" tonight where the whole crew (combined classroom with ages 3-6) put on a little play and sang a few songs. It was hilarious and sweet and adorable. Camden's little voice rang out above the rest as he unofficially helped lead the songs. I was one of those annoyingly proud Mama's with a video camera in one hand and a real camera in the other. I couldn't help it. My baby boy is growing up and his sweet glances our way and toothless smile were tugging at my heartstrings. Apparently, I wasn't the only one feeling nostalgic and teary. After the ceremony was over and we had snapped some photos and said goodbye to his teachers, we started to head towards the door. Scott found Camden in the unlit coat area standing in front of his cubby wiping tears away. He was trying so hard not to cry, but a few tears trickled down his cheeks. He told Scott he was feeling sad and said, "I'm really going to miss school." Such a little sweetheart. Scott and I both explained to him that it's OK to feel sad. And that it's OK to cry. Leaving a place you love is never an easy thing to do. Scott asked if he'd like to bring his name tag home that was taped into his cubby and he thought that would help him feel better - as long as I asked Ms. Tammie's permission first! :) We ended the night with smiles and he proudly read a card I had written to him out loud. We found a special spot in his room to hang his beautiful star that he had decorated when he first started preschool last year and was cut down and given to him tonight, his special necklace that Ms. Tammie made for him and the card he received from Scott and me.
Scott and I were talking about all of these feelings and emotions after we got the kids to bed tonight and Scott said, "Camden is going to be an amazing husband and daddy someday." I couldn't agree more. He's a wonderful little boy and I'm so glad he's mine.
Last Day of Preschool...
Kids paint these stars during their first week of school and then don't get cut down until the child is leaving for kindergarten...
Little pigs...
Getting his necklace from Ms. Tammie...
Camden was blessed with three wonderful teachers. Here he is with Ms. Tammie...
...and Ms. Kasia...
...and Ms. Julie...
One of his best buddies...
Proud parents...
The whole fam...
My baby is growing up!
Another buddy...
A little present at home...
He just opened it up and read the whole thing out loud...
Here's a short video of him showing off his things and reading his card...
Now time to start getting him excited about Kindergarten! On to the next adventure!







2 comments:
So sweet! We're still deciding what to do about preschool next year... It's nice to see that Camden had such a great experience.
Ah! I know it's such a bitter sweet feeling, but you have done it right, mama. Can't wait for the next adventures for your boy - and I especially can't wait to see you on the playground. More Lindsey time :)
Post a Comment