Monday, August 31, 2009

W3N Reunion!!!

In the fall of 2000, I stepped foot onto Gordon College's campus as a nervous freshman. Ironically, I was moving into my dorm room which just happened to be the same exact room that my mom and her roommate Lynn (who I grew up knowing very well) had lived in when they were students at Gordon. I wasn't quite sure if this random connection to my mom's past made me feel comfortable and at home or weirded out, but I didn't have any other option...I was moving into the third floor of Wilson Hall and was facing all the same fears that every other freshman faced - Would I like my roommate? Would I make any friends? Would I make the soccer team? Would I be able to find my classrooms on the first day of classes? Would I ever get to know my teachers or would I just be another face in the crowd?

Needless to say, everything turned out wonderfully! I had an incredible experience at Gordon. I played soccer and basketball and LOVED every second of my involvement in athletics. I found my classrooms on the first day (thanks in part to my dear older sister) and loved my teachers (my two favorites I am still in good touch with thanks to facebook and an occasional visit to the North Shore). And, the best part, I made incredible friends. Friends I will have in my life for the rest of my life. I was lucky enough to have lots of different groups of friends - friends from soccer, basketball, classes and the dorm. What I didn't realize that first day when I was moving into my dorm was that God would bless me with incredible girls on my hall who would make me laugh, challenge me, encourage me and become my lifelong friendship group. We immediately bonded and still send multiple group emails to each other on a daily basis. We were lucky enough to spend last weekend together here at our house in New Hampshire. We used our apartment and also of a few of the dorm rooms so that we could all stay in the same place. We had a blast catching up, staying up late, going to the lake, and trying to keep up with our babies! Out of a group of eight girls, six of us were able to make it and it is definitely something we hope to do again.

Here are Tina, Jen and me my sophomore year in college...


Nina, me and Scott long before Scott and I were an item...


The six of us who were together last weekend at graduation in 2005... Now there are husbands and babies in the mix too!


Here are some pictures from our weekend together...









2 comments:

B said...

I love the one where you are all holding your babies and you all have the mommy hip going on....it just must come naturally:)

Anonymous said...

What a great post, Linds! I wish I could have stopped by and said hi to all your friends and met their cute babies, but I'm glad I can see the pictures! I'm so glad that we both had such good experiences at Gordon, and each gained life-long friends. I'm glad that we have that shared experience--so special!
Love you,
C

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...