So, I haven't been very good about blogging about our new house, but that doesn't mean we haven't been super busy with it and super excited about it! It is pretty much completely gutted at this point! We (mostly Scott with help from our families) gutted the entire house over our Thanksgiving break. Scott was at the house from 8-5 everyday. I'd go over for an hour or two at a time after nursing Micah while one of our parents stayed with the kids. It was so fun to help out, but I can't imagine being there all day every day like Scott was. We filled up a 4 ton dumpster in the first two days and had to get another one! It was a long process, but it felt so good to take ownership of our house and save some money by doing all the demo ourselves rather than paying a contractor to do the work. Here are some pictures from the demo process!
Unfortunately, the entire first day was spent cleaning out the previous owners belongings and taking trips to the dump. Here is just some of the junk we pulled out there...
Here I am kicking in a wall!
Here is one room before (with the owners stuff in it)...
And here is the same view AFTER...
Before:
AFTER:
An upstairs bedroom before...
And after...
My sexy, dusty man...
HOMEOWNERS...
Now for the fun part of putting it all back together!!
5 comments:
Love it! :) Isn't the demo part so fun and theraputic? :)
Jen Migonis
Yeah! You guys are rock stars! I'm so excited to see the progress.
oh my gosh! so much stuff they left! Good work...I knew you were busy but not that busy!
Can't wait to see more!!
Good work! What memories you will have! Glad you're documenting this. It'll be hard to believe it was ever that bad once you get done with it!
Post a Comment