Saturday, April 30, 2011

You Have Permission to Mock Me

So I have a confession to make.  I watched almost the entire royal wedding - LIVE!  Yes, it's sad to say that Camden has been a superstar at waking up at 4:00am since we stopped letting him sleep with his binkie (transition is going WAY better than anticipated.  He doesn't even ask for it or cry about it at all...but he seems to be waking up even earlier than he used to).  Scott is usually the one to get up with Camden in the mornings.  I am on Micah-duty (which is no easy task, my friends.  We were "blessed" with two non-sleepers) and Scott is generally on Camden-duty.  I'm SO incredibly thankful that I have a husband who views parenting as a partnership.  Even though he works all day (and night usually) he selflessly gets up and takes care of Camden in the early morning hours.  This might be different if he were the one capable of breastfeeding the baby, but at the moment that is my wonderful excuse to stay in bed with the little one.  I really do have the best husband.  (Thank you, Scott)!  Yesterday, Camden was up around 4:00 and Scott tried his hardest to get him back to sleep until close to 5:00 when he asked if I'd be willing to take over.  On normal occasions, it would have taken much more to convince me, but yesterday I knew there was something wonderfully entertaining on television that I was secretly really excited to check out.  I wasn't too wrapped up in the hype leading up to the big day, but once it arrived my curiosity got the better of me.  And I have to say, it was a beautiful, wonderful wedding and a piece of history that I'm glad I got to witness. I love Kate and I love that they were college sweethearts.  I love that she is a "commoner" and is being thrust into this very public position - she seems to be handling it so well.  My mom came over around 6:00 and watched with me and the boys.  It was fun to share it with her and Scott got to sleep in for a change (until 7:00!).
A few wedding highlights for me:
- I loved how Harry couldn't resist turning around to see Kate walking down the isle and then whispering to his brother.
-  I loved the boys choir - beautiful!
-  I loved the little smile Kate and William shared when her brother was reading scripture - a little private moment amidst the billions of people watching.
-  I loved the sermon the Bishop of London gave - a really wonderful message.  You can read the text here.
-  The carriage ride, the dress, the hats (!), not one, but two kisses on the balcony.
-  When Kate and William first stepped onto the balcony and you could see Kate say, "Oh, wow!"  What a moment that must have been for them!
Ok, so I'm a total loser.  Make fun of me.  I can handle it.

Images from cbsnews.com and people.com.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm with you all the way! I loved every minute of it!! Great pics - where did you find them? Thanks for posting! And thanks for inviting me up to watch history!! :)
Love, mom

Jenna Shaw said...

I loved when she stepped on the balcony and said Oh Wow. It was very nice. She seems really sweet.

Anonymous said...

You know I would have been right there with you if I was remotely awake at that hour of the morning!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...