Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Snowy Morning

Last week we were jumping in puddles and feeling like spring had arrived and this morning we woke up to a beautiful winter wonderland.  This has been the strangest winter.  It started off with a bang when we were covered in snow for both Halloween and Thanksgiving, but since then it's been pretty uneventful.  I like my seasons.  If it's going to be cold outside, give me snow along with it in the winter.  We got a few inches and the boys couldn't wait to go outside.  Micah was running to all the windows in the house this morning and looking outside with an excited "snow!" (a word he just recently learned).  We enjoyed playing in the yard for a while and continue to feel so blessed with this space that we call home.
 Love this little face...
 This little mischief maker was trying to throw a snowball at me! 
 Attempting to build a snowman...
 Working hard...
My mom went for a long walk on her own early this morning a took some beautiful pictures in the meadow right behind our house...here are a couple of my favorites:
 Part of me wishes I had had a chance to take a two hour walk by myself to photograph this beautiful morning like my Mom did, but I really wouldn't change romping around in the backyard with my boys for anything.  Some day I'll have way too much time on my hands and I'll be wishing for the moments when my boys were young.  I know I'm blessed and I'm doing my best to soak it all in. 

1 comment:

Amy Mak said...

Ohhhh...I need to steal these pics! Beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...