I'm so sorry that I have been absent from the blog for over a week! What a slacker I am! It's been quite a week, but nothing very blog-worthy. Camden got a terrible stomach bug that lasted from Monday night through Friday. Phew. Multiple times throughout the week I found myself holding Camden over a pot while Micah clung to my leg crying as he tried to bear the pain of having eight teeth push through his little gums all at once. Literally, he has 8 teeth that either just came through or are close enough to see and feel. My poor little boys. Our entire week consisted of snuggling on the couch reading books, watching Word World and Curious George DVDs from the library and sleeping. If you took the puking and the crying and the constant nursing (Micah) out of the scene it would have been a nice change of pace, but instead I started to go slightly insane.
SO glad to get out of the house a little bit today, watch Camden eat normal food without throwing it back up, play with some friends on campus and share an almost 3 hour nap with my boys. And to top it all off I had a fun date-night on the couch with my mom since our husbands were both busy. We watched Mona Lisa Smile (not sure how I'd never seen that before - so many of my favorite actresses are in it!) and caught up on life a bit. Life is good!
I don't have many pictures of our week since all we did was read and sleep, but here are a few pictures taken in our back yard last weekend. We were playing hockey on top of the icy snow using firewood as our sticks!
I love our back yard!
Today we celebrated Camden's three-and-a-half birthday! The actual day was on the 9th, but since he was so sick we postponed until today. Camden helped me make a half birthday cake and some cupcakes and smiled ear to ear as we sang to him. I'm loving the little traditions we have with our kids. :)
Using the beater all by himself! (learning to let go!!!)
His Birthday (and half-birthday) plate...
Micah's first ever bite of cake (we had cheese cake at his first birthday). He liked it!
Thankful for two healthy (for now!) growing boys who we love so very much! Happy Weekend!
3 comments:
Great pics! Love the hockey with firewood! :) Great shots of the half birthday boy!! Cute!
My favorite picture is of you with your hands up - ta da! You always make me laugh :) Glad you are all healthy again!!!
Happy 1/2 Birthday Camden!
I love that backyard too :)
Wait till the kids are older and they are out there digging around in the rusty antique trash down the hill!
Post a Comment