Monday, June 17, 2013

Seven Years!

I am one lucky girl.  I am married to my best friend.  No, seriously, it's true!  It's not always easy and we certainly have our moments of disagreement and frustration, but there is no one who can make me laugh harder.  No one who understands me better.  No one I would rather spend this crazy life with.  The only problem is that his goodness often makes me feel unworthy - like there's no possible way I could ever live up to the same level of awesomeness.  He works so hard to support our family and to allow me stay home.  I am so, so grateful for the sacrifices he's willing to make so I can be home with our babies.  He wakes up early with the boys 99% of the time (I let him sleep in a bit on Father's Day...aren't I kind?!?!).  This is a big deal because they are usually raring to go by 5:15am and he wakes up with them with no complaints even before a long day at work - day after day after day!  He sweeps the floor and folds the laundry in about a quarter of the time it takes me to do the same chore.  He gives me the better half if we're splitting a snack and he is so, so patient with me and my not-quite-as-obsessive-about-cleaning-and-organizing personality.  He rubs my feet at night even if I wore flip flops all day and tells me I'm beautiful even when I'm carrying lots of extra baby weight.  He is an incredible father to our children - full of make believe stories, imaginative games and impressive wrestling moves.  He is humble and tries his hardest to hide his sheepish little smile when someone compliments him, but I always see the corners of his mouth twitch a little and the sparkle in his eyes brightens just a tiny bit and I fall in love with him all over again.  He is funny, creative, Godly, passionate, hard-working, patient, loving, kind and generous and I'm so incredibly blessed to call him mine. 

Happy Anniversary, Scott!  I love you more than you know!!!!
 And here we are, seven years later.  I love you, Scott!


1 comment:

Lisa Logan said...

This was just the sweetest!! You have certainly got yourself one good man there!! SO glad we got to see some of that sweetness in living color! Also, I'm impressed that he not only does those chores, but is speedy to boot. Jerry is so meticulous it takes him twice as long to do anything of the sort (not that I'm complaining...as long as he's doing them, I'm happy!). Happy Anniversary!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...