Monday, April 19, 2010

He's Growing Up!

Camden seems to be growing up right before our eyes recently! It's incredible how many words he's learning, how good he is at following directions (when he wants to), and how many "big boy" things he's trying to do. We are most impressed with his interest in going pee-pee on the potty! The first time he did it was in February at 18 months old and we were shocked because we hadn't been talking about it or encouraging him to do it at all! In fact, he generally comes up to us and "tells" us that he needs to go.  He has done it many times since then, and he seems to be pretty proud of himself - we're certainly proud of him! He went 3 times just yesterday, and although it's usually just #1, he has gone #2 a couple of times as well. (Yes, I know you are all as interested in this as I am)! Maybe, JUST MAYBE, we'll be NEARLY out of diapers by the time #2 comes?!?! Doubtful, but I'm trying to be optimistic.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I am impressed too, Camden! Corbin showed some interest a while ago too and went once in the potty. He sat on it a lot without doing anything but since then has lost total interest in sitting on the potty. He is getting so he will tell us when he needs to go #2 but won't go on the potty but instantly says "diaper change". He has just started to recognize when he feels wet and asks for a diaper change. Lots of times he says "no poopy" which usually means he is wet. Funny boys. I have no hope for being done with diapers by the time #2 comes along but maybe sometime this summer....

Amy Mak said...

I just caught up on the posts...the last three were so sweet. I love that you are capturing these moments and that your really love motherhood. What a great mommy you are! Good job with the potty, Camden :) We are impressed!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...