Monday, May 3, 2010

It's a BOY!


We had another ultrasound up at Hitchcock a few days ago and received the WONDERFUL news that everything looks healthy, is developing just as it should be and the heartrate was perfect!  I'm actually measuring a week ahead, which could mean my due date is actually 9/16 instead of 9/23, but more likely means we just have a big baby.  We're not changing the due date at this point, and honestly, does it really surprise anyone that we have a big baby in there?!?!  What an answer to prayer to know that he's growing and healthy! YAY!!! We also found out that Camden is going to have a little BROTHER! :) We are excited to watch our two little boys grow up together. They will be just over two years apart and I'm hoping they will be great friends. I was a little sad at first not to have an excuse to go buy a whole new wardrobe, but Scott was thrilled that we already have everything we need for the little guy! At our ultrasound a few weeks ago, the doctor came in near the end and although the little one hadn't been cooperating for most of the appointment, and I was just 16 weeks which is early to tell, she thought we were going to have a girl. She said, "Don't go painting the room, but if I was a betting woman I'd say you're having a girl!" Although we tried not to get too attached to the idea (I refrained from buying ANYTHING until we were sure) we still started calling the baby by our girl's name that we had picked out and starting to feel more attached to "her." Needless to say, it took a little bit of time to readjust our mindset and start picturing our future with two boys, but ultimately we are thrilled that they will have eachother and know that this is the exact little person that God wants in our family.
We can't wait to meet him and hold him in our arms. He's such an active little guy (doing somersaults during the ultrasound and kicking me as we speak!) and we're feeling more and more attached to him with each passing day. Now we're just trying to settle on a boy's name! :)

Life is good, and we couldn't be more thankful for this little guy and for his health. Love him already!  I'm 19.5 weeks along and feeling great!

4 comments:

Jay, Sarah, Noah, & Nate said...

Yay! Congratulations on a HEALTHY baby boy!

Cindy Benson said...

Yay!! Can't wait to meet him and so thankful for answered prayers and somersaults! :) You look great! Love, mom

Sarah Rubin said...

Your belly is looking fabulous! Can't wait to spend time with you and ALL of the boys in a few weeks. xoxo

Erin said...

You look great! Glad to hear that everything is looking and sounding healthy. Two boys will be so much fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...