Saturday, May 1, 2010

A Fun-Filled Saturday

We had such a wonderful day today! After Camden's morning nap, we loaded into the car and drove down to Concord. We went to Target for some much needed items...Scott walked out of the store so excited about our purchases, while I was thoroughly disappointed that we didn't get anything "special". Our bags consisted of a mop (Scott is psyched!!!), a bucket, dishwasher detergent, laundry detergent, mouthwash and toilet paper. Thrilling huh? No cute baby outfits, no new maternity clothes, no super cute purse that I was eying. Oh well...my husband was happy and was probably thrilled that we didn't spend money on anything frivolous.
After Target we went to Bagel Works and got delicious sandwiches on homemade bread and then headed out to Beech Hill Farm. I've had May 1st on my mental calendar for a while now because it was opening day at my favorite place! We wandered around, watched Camden play in a big pile of dirt with about 20 dump trucks, looked at the animals and enjoyed massive amounts of scrumptious ice cream! The sun finally broke through the morning clouds just in time for our outing and it was so fun to watch Camden's face full of pure joy as he took in all the sights. We got home just in time for his afternoon nap, and Scott and I enjoyed a nice nap too! After our naps, we watched some of the baseball game on campus (which mainly consisted of socializing with our co-workers/neighbors/friends (that's all one category around here)) and watching Camden play with/fight with his little buddies. After dinner in the dining hall we played with Camden at home - he enjoyed pulling EVERY book off of his bookshelf in his room, wrestling with Daddy and bouncing on our big exercise ball (see pictures below!). He was tired after a busy day, and Scott and I enjoyed watching Julie and Julia together after he was settled into bed. Yay for fun times together as a family and weekends off-duty!





2 comments:

Amy Mak said...

Oh...catching up with your great posts! love them! Why can't I load my videos? I'll be in touch :)

B said...

I'm a little nervous about how that peacock is eyeing you. Also - so much fun filled Saturday! Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...