Saturday, May 8, 2010

Camden's Recent Activities/Obsessions

Camden is absolutely obsessed with books these days.  The use of the word obsessed is NOT an exaggeration here!  He wakes up in the morning and the first word out of his mouth is "book."  This morning Scott woke up with him at 5:30 and read with him until 6:00 (while I slept in the guestroom) and then we switched places and I continued to read until almost 7:00am!  By the end of the reading session we are surrounded by books of every shape and size.  He doesn't just look at the pictures, or flip through the pages really fast either...he actually listens, points out words he knows, and giggles with glee when something is funny.  I'm thrilled that he loves books so much, but oh my goodness, by the end of the day I'm exhausted from reading baby books over and over again all day long!  He doesn't like to put them back until we're all done reading so we just collect stacks and stacks of books around us until there are none left on the shelf!  He has a few favorites that he likes to read 5-6 times in a row.  His current obsessions are:
So...if you ever come over to our house...be ready to read with the little guy!

He's also super into jumping off the couch onto the cushions on the floor (over and over and over again...)
Coloring...
Playing with his trucks and rocks and sandbox and swing and dirt and anything outside...he would be out there all day if we let him!

(He's learning to ride a two-wheeler at Ami and Bepa's house! Forget this tricycle stuff!)

Yesterday we were walking home from lunch at the dining hall and Camden saw a bunch of Dandelions on the side of the path. He pointed at them and exclaimed "Mama!" and bent down to pick a bunch for me! It added a good 8 minutes to our walk, but the fact that my little boy sees flowers and wants to pick them for me melts my heart! We have a sweetheart on our hands!

1 comment:

conveyableflow said...

I think the rss feed to your blog is broken? I signed up to "follow", but I don't get updates...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...