We had a great time enjoying New London's Hospital Days on Friday evening as a family. Hospital days was started in 1924 and the entire community comes out to have fun and support the hospital. There are four days of activities, the town green is covered with fair rides, fried dough stands and potato sack races, and there is a big parade on Saturday. I've grown up looking forward to Hospital Days and it's been fun to start to share these experiences with Camden. Friday night was Family Night and we walked around the green with Nan and Pop. We went on a Hay Ride, fished in a little pool for rubber ducks and Camden and I even went on the little choo-choo train ride (his first ever ride!). We had yummy ice cream at Arctic Dreams across the street and even splurged with some Fried Dough...yummy!
"Fishing" with Nan...
An attempt at a family photo...
It's kind of fun that my dad grew up going to Hospital days, I loved it as a kid, and now Camden gets to enjoy the fun! YAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment