Camden and I went on an adventure today with our friend Amy and her daughter Paige and some of their friends. I was a little hesitant to go at first. Camden had a rough night last night, waking up multiple times and was so overtired at breakfast that he threw a temper tantrum in the middle of the dining hall that quieted the place down! In order to join this apple picking gathering, we would be missing Camden's morning nap, but since the orchard was pretty far away I decided to go and bank on the fact that he would sleep in the car. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. He was so excited on the way there that he couldn't sleep. He kept repeating "Amy, Paige, pick, apples" over and over again. Luckily, he held it together at the orchard even without any sleep and had a blast on the hay ride (I thought it might put me into labor, but it didn't!), picking apples with Paige, playing in a little jumpyhouse and checking out the goats. To top it off, Appleview Orchard sells delicious ice cream so we enjoyed that together sitting on the deck overlooking the rows of trees. He was exhausted and fell asleep on the way home, but still managed to take an afternoon nap and let me sleep for an hour later in the day! Phew...not sure what I would have done if I had to miss BOTH my naps today! Here are some pictures from our apple picking adventure!
These two are little buddies! So fun!
Thanks for a great day, Amy and Paige! We had a blast!
Now, does anyone out there have a delicious, unhealthy recipe for apple crisp that's full of butter and brown sugar?!? Trying to find a good one!
2 comments:
Love the pictures - they are so good! I hear the Better Homes and Garden Cookbook has a great one but I also saw FB gave you some ideas. I'll have to try! Thanks for coming. We love hanging out with our Allenby buddies!
Oh the overalls!!!!!!!!!!! Just love em! Camden is getting so grown up!
I haven't made this apple crisp recipe but Sarah always has amazing food on her blog: http://grshortstop.blogspot.com/2009/10/apple-crisp.html
Let me know if find a good recipe, the one I made last year didn't get crispy enough for me.
Post a Comment