So, I had my first ever surprise party last night! My family organized a surprise shower for me and Baby #2 and I had NO idea it was happening! Scott has known for over month and he usually can't keep a secret. He's the type of husband who always says, "Guess what I got you for your birthday? Can I give it to you early??" And I always love tradition and surprises, so I cover my ears and run away and wait until my special day. Needless to say, it was very impressive that he didn't let this one slip! We had a fun Labor Day weekend cookout planned with our two families together at my in-law's new house in New London. I didn't think twice about this, because our families are very close and it's common for us to do activities all together. After cleaning up dinner, my Mom and mother-in-law came outside and put a "Mommy To Be" purple sash over my head! I had seen my aunt and uncle arrive and thought that maybe we were just going to have a little family shower, but they led me into the house to a room full of friends and family! I don't know how I was so oblivious to all those people arriving at the house and sneaking in the other door, but I had no idea! It was a wonderful evening full of delicious desserts, good conversation and lots of presents and surprises! Thank you to everyone who helped make last night so special, especially my mom, Mom A, Caren and Sarah (and Scott of course!). Our little guy feels VERY blessed and can't wait to join such a wonderful family!
Here are some pictures from the family BBQ and the surprise shower!!!
Following in our footsteps! :)
Dad and Clara's new dolly...I couldn't resist posting this!
Pop manning the grill...
And then, without any warning, I turned into the guest of honor!
SURPRISE!!!
My sister snuck into our house and grabbed these photos off the wall in the baby's room! It was a nice touch! :)
Talking with my friend Lynne who works at Proctor with us. We were pregnant together with our first pregnancies and now we're just a couple weeks apart again! Can't wait to meet her little one!
Everyone wrote little blessings on these cute cards and hung them on this clothesline! Love it!
Thanks Amy and Cope! Love these!
Little Miss Clara...
Lynne, Me, Clara and Amy...
The whole group! Thank you all SO much! What a wonderful evening!
4 comments:
You're the cutest surprised pregnant picture-taking mama I've ever seen! Great night with great food and friends. Thanks for giving us a reason to celebrate!
Great post, Linds! Love the pics! It was fun to surprise you!! :)
Love, mom
Awe! What a sweet surprise! I know what you mean about keeping secrets..Derek and I can never wait ha ha. I LOVE the matching shirts, so sweet.
How fun! Your surprised face is super sweet. Great job to Scott or whoever had the camera for catching that.
Post a Comment