The wait is on! Our due date is just ten days away and we are ready for this baby to arrive! His room is set up, the baby swing has been pulled out of storage, the instructions are typed up for our parents who will be taking care of Camden. The end of a pregnancy is tricky. Will this be my last night putting Camden to sleep with my attention focused solely on him? Are we stocked up on groceries for our families and Camden during the time we're gone? Do I have everything packed for the hospital? Is the house in order in case it happens today and we need to leave? And then of course, there's always the possibility that I might not go into labor until six days late like I did with Camden, which just extends this waiting game even longer! My friend, Lynne, who lives in the dorm next to us, just had a baby just a few days ago. Her little girl is only seven pounds and holding her yesterday was a surreal experience! The fact that they estimated that my little guy was already about 7.5 pounds last week made it pretty weird to be holding a baby smaller than the one that has been moving inside of me for 38.5 weeks!
Camden has been practicing his big brother skills. He carries Curious George around the house. Tells me that George wants to nurse. Burps George. Pretends to change his diaper. Puts George down for naps. He's going to be an amazing big brother and I can't wait to see the two of them together.
We are SO excited to meet our little one. Anxious about labor. Praying for no back labor this time. Sad to be leaving Camden behind...But so excited to be holding our little one in our arms...FINALLY!

4 comments:
Waiting is sooooooooooo hard...! I know how you feel on this one. Pretty soon you will feel like it is impossible to remember life before this little one...and that is truly amazing. Can't wait to hear the good news. Enjoy every moment!
Ah! Waiting is so hard. This post just makes me more excited for you. So fun...and good luck being patient :)
Pretty exciting. The waiting game is the worse! I thought she would be early like Corbin, and ended up waiting even later... 6 day past due like you with Camden...Wishing you a great and fabulous labor whenever it does happen. I am recent with any advice you might need :-) The first week was extremely hard transition for me, Adam, and Corbin. Actually the first 2 weeks. Let me know if I can help from afar!
Beautiful post, Linds! I hadn't seen this until now... You are so organized and thorough, thinking of everything and savoring every moment with Camden. Hope you had a good day today. We can't wait to meet this new little one and hope he comes soon, for your sake!
Love, mom
Post a Comment