Well, my due date has officially come and gone. But I'm OK! I'm feeling optimistic and enjoying these last few days before our little guy arrives. We had an appointment with our midwife this morning and got lots of great news! The baby is finally in the perfect position. For many weeks, he has been hovering close to back labor position. His spine was closer to my back than my front, and after experiencing back labor during Camden's birth, I was terrified to have to endure that again. Needless to say, we're thrilled that he's in the right position now! I'm also 3.5 cm dilated already! This is more incredible news as it took me at least 12 hours of agonizing labor for me to reach that point last time! The baby's head is engaged and I'm about 50% effaced (for the three people out there who know what that means!). Linda doesn't think I'll go into labor in the next day or two, but also doesn't think I'll be a week late, so hopefully pretty soon! She thinks that once labor begins it's going to be really intense and really quick since I'm already dilated so much.
I'm anxious for labor to start. I just want to get the show on the road, put the pain behind me and hold our little one, but I'm feeling better after seeing Linda this morning. Excited for what the next few days will hold for our family! :) I enjoyed looking back at this post tonight reflecting on Camden's birth and the weeks that followed. It made me so excited to have a new little person in our lives again!
Our Bob Duallie (aka: AWESOME Double Stroller) arrived today in the mail! YAHOO!!! Camden sat in it and pointed at himself "Bubba's seat" and then pointed at the empty one - "Baby Bruce!" and repeated this little mantra over and over again. At this point, he seems so excited to have a little brother, but I'm sure things will be different when there is actually a baby in the house demanding all my attention. Thanks to all our friends and family who chipped in to help us buy this incredible item! We LOVE it already! :)
On another note, I made apple crisp tonight with the apples Camden and I picked earlier this week and it turned out to be absolutely delicious (if I do say so myself)! After asking some friends on facebook for some recipes, I settled on one that sounded particularly gooey and unhealthy and it turned out to be SO good! (Thanks Jill)!

6 comments:
Oh my that apple crisp looks so yummy! As soon as the weather finally cools down here I'm going to have to make some! I love the stroller, yay! Looking forward to some sweet baby pics. You know with my second, I thought I knew what labor was like, but no everything was sooo different. I know you are going to do great! Go Linds!
Yay! So excited to see what the next few days hold! Glad you got the stroller! Praying everything will go smoothly... :)
Love, mom
You own "The Barge"! YOu and the Norrises can have a Bob Barge race.
Oh you're so smart! If I did it again, I'd definitely get a double stroller. It would have saved many tearful walks home:) You look so great and we are excited to meet Baby Bruce as well! Yummy apple crisp. Still haven't made anything but I'll have to look up that recipe...see you soon!
thanks for the shout out! :) so glad you liked the apple crisp!
thanks for the shout out! :) so glad you liked the apple crisp!
Post a Comment