As you all know, New England got pounded with snow today! It was so fun to sit in our little home and watching it coming down in buckets all day. For some strange reason, I thought I would try to be super-mom and walk the boys down to the dining hall for lunch. Part of me wanted to be super-mom and the other part of me was SO sick of being cooped up in our one-room downstairs. We also haven't been grocery shopping in ages, and didn't have anything in the house to eat. So, I bundled the boys up - snowsuits, boots, hats, mittens - and trekked outside. My baby carrier was in the car (which was about 15 yards away on unshoveled walkways and covered with over a foot of snow) so I decided to push Micah in the double stroller. That was a mistake. I put him in there and covered the whole stroller with a huge blanket to block out the wind. He was screaming the whole way. Camden wanted to walk on his own, but was taking FOREVER so I finally convinced him to sit in the stroller with Micah. I almost died going down the huge hill (literally slipping and sliding with my monstrous double stroller skidding and pulling me down the hill) and then Camden decided he didn't want to ride and tried to climb out of the stroller while we were still moving. Meanwhile, my head is buried, staring at the ground as wind whips snow into my face. It was a miserable 10 minutes and the only thing that made me feel better was seeing my friend Molly come into the dining hall looking just as flushed, frustrated, out of breath and exhausted as I was after walking over with her two kids. We commiserated with each other a bit and convinced ourselves never to try THAT again! Ugh!
On another note, we had such a fun evening on Saturday. Scott and Gregor brought their basketball team up to Dartmouth to watch them play Harvard. Rather than sitting home alone all evening, the boys and I joined them. Camden had a blast watching the game, dancing to the music during time outs, eating popcorn and climbing around on the bleachers.
Scott was able to drive home with us rather than on the bus so we decided to stop at Ramunto's for pizza since it was getting pretty late.
![]() |
| Two of my FAVORITE books of all time. Images taken from http://www.jodipicoult.com/ |
![]() |
| Images taken from Amazon and Tomie.com |
We've been making some good progress on our house recently! The electrician will be in there next week! I'll post some pictures soon of our gutted house! It's pretty crazy!
Oh dear...Micah is up...gotta run. Goodnight!


3 comments:
Can't believe you saw Jodi Picoulti! I probably butchered her name? So cool the house is coming along!! SOOO cool.... really... i'd love to visit one of these days!!!!
Such composure - I wouldn't have been able to hold myself together!!! Love that Tomie and can just hear Clara talking :) As for the double stroller fiasco - it brings it all back on that hill up to Summerfield. Oh, I just used to be SO wiped out. Love the stories. Keep them coming!
Scott was so wrong. You totally should have said something to her. Don't authors appreciate being recognized?
Post a Comment