After a couple weeks away from the world of blogging, I'm happy to say that I'm back! I miss blogging when I don't make time for it, and I'm sure all my faithful readers are just pining away for more Allenby updates! :)
We have been having a wonderful summer - lots of travel, family time, swimming, house projects etc. I'll be posting some updates on things we've been doing over the last few weeks to try and get caught up. One reason I've been neglecting the blog is that my computer has been posting the dreaded "Your startup disc is almost full" announcement and won't even let me upload all my recent pictures from my camera. I've been frantically trying to order prints, backup pictures and delete as much as I can to make more room, but I'm not there yet and my computer is still acting up. I finally realized I could steal Scott's computer and blog from his...so that is what I'm doing now. Hopefully I'll get all of that resolved soon.
We had an incredible mini-vacation to Cape Cod a couple of weeks ago with my mom and sister and niece. My sister, Caren, and her family just yesterday moved down to North Carolina for her husband to attend Duke Divinity School (blog post on this coming soon!) so we took a couple of days to enjoy each other's company while visiting my grandparents' house on the Cape. Although we were only there for one full day and a half day on each end, we got plenty of beach time in and the boys had a blast discovering the ocean. Here are some of my favorite pictures from our time together...
Scott and I brought the boys to the beach around 6:30am both days. Parking is free until 8:00 and we were up so early anyways. We were in heaven. This is definitely the best time of day to hit the beach. It was absolutely gorgeous...
Love this one...
We spent the middle part of the day on the bay side digging in the sand and swimming...
Scott and the kiddos.
Micah and Auntie...
My wonderful Grandma Sylvia...
After nap time we headed back to Nauset Beach for an evening visit...
The next morning, my mom came to the beach with us bright and early. It was another glorious morning!
We left the Cape and drove to Ohio for a family gathering with Scott's extended family. More on the long drive next time!







2 comments:
Amazing pics! Love them all! So glad we had that time together!
Ooh! I am so happy that you are back from your blogging break! Beautiful pictures as always!
Post a Comment