Friday, September 9, 2011

House Projects

We've been continually working on our house (even though I haven't blogged about it for a while!) and are starting to check some big projects off of the list!  We put a new banister on the stairs instead of having a wide open space.  We didn't mind the look of the space without a railing, but feel it is much safer for the kids now that it is there! 
Scott and his mom spent an entire day tiling the fireplace area and then we had the fireplace and a new metal chimney installed!  We can't WAIT for our first fire in the woodstove.  We're heating primarily with wood this winter - I'm curious to see how long it is before the fun wares off!
I don't have a picture of just the fireplace...sorry!  But you can get an idea from this picture...
 Scott and his Dad rented a splitter and split multiple cords of wood taken from his parents' property.  Super Scott (that's his name when he's super efficient and super awesome) stacked it all at our house and we're ready for winter!  Oh, and do you see our awesome new shed?!?!  We love it!
We love hanging clothes (and diapers) on the line and we LOVE our backyard!
Country living at it's best!  :)
There are many more house projects to come, but we're loving the progress we've made so far!

4 comments:

Mama B said...

I love your clothes line! I wish I had a place to hang my diapers outside. Also, your wood stove looks so cozy (although I have to admit that bringing in wood was perhaps my LEAST favorite chore growing up :)!!!

Kyle said...

WOW! The place looks awesome!I love love love the last picture. Looks pretty perfect to me :)

Amy Mak said...

Hooray for Super Scott! Good work - I know that must have been a TON of work. And I love your clothes line too! Such a cute quaint picture of the good country life :)

Anonymous said...

It's all looking soooo good! Thanks for posting, but it makes me homesick too...
xoxoo,
c

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...