Here they are tasting the first snowflakes on Thursday night...Micah still needs to learn the art of catching snowflakes!
Friday morning...
My boys...
We felt like true Homesteaders on Saturday. I spent much of the morning attempting to make beef stew. I chopped veggies like a pro, but let's just say it didn't turn out quite as well as I had hoped...
Scott and Camden worked outside making us a new coat rack for our mudroom...
After a long day of stewing...we enjoyed our beef SOUP! Definitely put in waaay too much water, but it was still yummy.
And that evening, the snow started to fall. It didn't come quietly and slowly as many storms begin, this storm came on with a vengeance and went from 0 to 100 in seconds. It was so exciting to see the snow literally pouring down, and we are thankful to be on of the lucky New Englanders who didn't lose power!
Our church service was canceled on Sunday morning, and we had a wonderful relaxing day at home...
Super Dad!
Strange to see the fall colors against the white snow!
We love our little road...
Scott had fun playing in the snow too!
And all of this before Halloween! I'll post some pictures of my little monkey and bumblebee on the next post. Happy Winter! :)
4 comments:
Your post puts me in the mood for winter for about 5 seconds, and then I remember what winter brings...23 pairs of boots, snowpants, hats, gloves, and coats to deal with at school! I'm not ready for the fulltime snow yet, but definitely ready for the holiday fun! Can't wait to see the Halloween costumes! --Heather
Love, love, love the pictures!! You really capture the excitement! :)
Love, mom
beautiful, Linds......great pictures.....wonder-full life!....
Wow that's a lot of snow! Did it all melt or is the ground still covered?
I like your new blog layout by the way :)
Post a Comment