I love small, family-owned, local farms and am so glad we had such a beautiful fall day to enjoy it!
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Local Apples
Last year I went to a huge apple orchard the week Micah was due and had a blast with Camden. We went on a hayride, jumped in a bouncy house, played on a swing set and ate ice cream. Oh yeah, and we picked apples too. It was super fun, but there was something special about the simplicity of our apple picking experience this fall. Instead of driving an hour to a huge commercial orchard, we drove 10 minutes to the small local orchard in our very own town. It didn't have the same hype surrounding it. It was simple. It was authentic. We went all together as a family of four and the boys chomped on apples and laughed at Mama sitting high on Daddy's shoulders trying to reach the highest, juiciest looking fruit. We've already made apple crisp once, munched on numerous apples throughout the last week, and there are still more...so I've decided I'm making apple crisp again tomorrow. Take advantage of the season, right?!?
I love small, family-owned, local farms and am so glad we had such a beautiful fall day to enjoy it!
I love small, family-owned, local farms and am so glad we had such a beautiful fall day to enjoy it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment