Dad - this blog is mainly for you. You were very missed by many wonderful friends this morning and the number of people who came out is such a testament of how many lives you have touched. You're one popular dude and I love you!!!!! Here are a few pictures of the event...
These signs have been everywhere the last few weeks!
These cute little hearts were all over the school...
Yummy bake sale...
The elementary school kids colored placemats for the tables. My favorite: "Hedge hogs are nice."
I think my Dad went to high school with this guy (Bill) and played many years of soccer together!
This was taken pretty early on. They ended up having to set up more tables!!
After a while people couldn't even find a parking spot!
It was good for my mom to feel so much support from the community.
My mom gave a really nice, brief, heart-felt thank you to everyone for coming and for supporting both our family and Gary's. Good job, Mom!
Lots of friends!
This might be my favorite picture. These two men with their Lion's Club hats on...I love it.
Jen, Raz and Elliott helped to serve...
These guys manned the griddle.
Dave (on the right) headed up this whole thing! THANK YOU!!!
The boys having a little treat from the bake sale table after a long morning.
I love this town. I feel so blessed to have grown up here and I am so blessed to be able to raise my kids here. The sense of community is unmatched and for a town of only about 2,000 people the generosity and kindness shown to these men and their families is amazing. Thank you to everyone involved for helping my family in this way. See you all at the Spaghetti Dinner on the 19th!

3 comments:
Thanks Lindsey for the glimpse into the breakfast! I wish I could have been there to show my support and love for your family!
Your post shows the heart of a small town. I was sick yesterday, but my thoughts and prayers were there with you, and your pictures were a blessing to see. I am glad we live in a town where people care for each other.
Hey, Linds! Haven't been here in a while, because I think your feed may be broken? Not sure, but you're not coming up in my reading list anymore. Sorry to hear of your dad's health troubles but glad to hear he's doing better. Your boys are cuties as always!
Post a Comment