I'm still playing catch up on here, but wanted to share some photos of one of my favorite days of the year - the 4th of July! I love this day...not because I'm particularly patriotic, (I mean...don't get me wrong, I'm
very grateful for this country and the freedoms we have and everything...), but I just associate this day with family and small-town fun. Our little town of 2,000 swells to the brim when approximately 10,000 additional people descend on our little village to celebrate the 4th with a flea market, parade, games and a wonderful fireworks display! We had an extra great time this year as Clara was here visiting. The boys had a blast running around town with her - though I was particularly missing my Daddy that day - he was like the mayor...walking around talking to every person who passed him, laughing his big booming laugh and making people smile. We woke the boys up in time to see the fireworks for the first time this year. They didn't like how loud it was outside, so we snuggled up on our couch and watched them through the window. We could still hear the booming pretty loud as they're let off just down the road from us and the mosquitoes couldn't get us! It was pretty perfect!
Brian and Sarah came up for the weekend and we filled the following few days with swims at the lake and lots of family time. Sadie rolled over for the first time on a blanket at Elkins Beach just four days after her three month birthday. From that moment on, she rolled both directions every time we put her on the floor. She's gonna be trying to keep up with those brothers of hers before we know it!
Cousins!!!
Free jumpy house on the town green!
Even at almost-five, Camden still doesn't like all the noise in the parade.
Hi Eric!
Lollipop face! Tired boy...
So fun that
Jon, Mere and Emmaline were visiting for the day too! (Jon is my cousin and I've known Meredith her entire life too. Our parents went to Gordon together! Emma is like another little cousin to our kiddos!)
Someone gave Micah a little Mohawk...thankfully it only lasted about one minute before he asked for his hair to go back to normal!
Mylah likes her big cousin!
Sand castle time...
Smiley Sadie...
Handsome hubby...
Hi Mylah...
Sprinkler fun!
Someday these two will have so much fun together!
Sisters-in-law...
Love these three!
Awkward prom pose? :)
Sadie on the beach...
I always think it's fun to look back at how far we've come in a year...Here's a link to:
4th of July 2012
4th of July 2010
4th of July 2009
1 comment:
That was such a fun visit to NH! The fourth in Andover is the best. Glad we could hang out with you guys!!
Post a Comment