Wednesday, July 7, 2010

4th of July

The 4th of July is one of my favorite days of the year.  Not because I would consider myself a super-patriotic person or because I'm some sort of pyromaniac, but because our quiet little New England town does it up big on the 4th and it's so much fun!  The usually quiet, empty streets are swarming with thousands of people who turn up to celebrate in Andover.  A flea market covers the town green, the volunteer fire department cooks up huge italian sausages, a parade winds it's way through campus and of course the Andover One Wheelers perform!  It's a fun day when you run into random people like your 2nd grade teacher and have a chat, buy a book you've been dying to read for .25¢ and collect yummy candy that is thrown at you during the parade.  This year lived up to all my expectations.  It was HOT, but we had fun anyways.  Unfortunately, Camden is at a tricky age.  He was scared to death of the parade (of course there are firetrucks from the surrounding 8 towns blasting their sirens and people lighting a cannon right in front of us as they walked by - too loud for Camden...he was miserable) and was in bed before the fireworks started.  Hopefully next year he'll enjoy the festivities more. 

Here are some pictures of our fun day...
Daddy and Camden watching the Andover One Wheelers...
Yes, I used to be one of these kids!  haha!
Family...
Camden mooching pie from Mom and Lizzy.  This was my cousin Lizzy's first taste of any pie other than pumpkin...she has been missing out!
Posing with Ami and Lizzy...
Cousin Clara looking very patriotic (and adorable!)...
The start of the parade...
Camden freaking out during the parade.  Poor little thing...
This is how he spent the rest of the parade...
Cousins eating cherries during a family cookout at Ami and Bepa's...
They love eachother...
Yummy watermelon...
Lizzy is staying with my parents for a couple of weeks while she participates in KAT Company (a local youth acting camp).  Her 14th birthday is tomorrow!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIZZY!
What better way to celebrate than cake?!?
Although I opted for the AMAZING strawberry shortcake with biscuits just out of the oven...YUMMY!
Caren and Lizzy...
Scott and my cousin Jon catching up...
Mere and Nan and Pop...
It was such a wonderful day spending time with family and sharing the excitement with Camden!  Our good friend Chuck who runs a blog on our school's webpage documented the day as well.  Check this link out if you're interested!  Happy 4th!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I love Andover on the 4th. It's one of the things I miss. Thanks for sharing.

Jay, Sarah, Noah, & Nate said...

I would love to celebrate there on the 4th - I love all that small town stuff! Poor Camden. I'm sure next year will be a completely different story! That's cool that you rode a one wheeler. That's talent!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...